I'm home!!!

Megan S.
on 3/9/13 7:46 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

My surgery was last Thursday and I'm finally home today. Surgery went great...no pain which was a pleasant surprise! Now that I'm home I'm having terrible diarrhea...which is strange since I havent n and only had fluids. Anyone else ever exp this?

pararomancemom
on 3/9/13 7:58 am - NC
RNY on 03/20/13

DId you have the 2 week preop diet?  Fluids via IV in the hospital and more fluids?  This could explain your diarrhea.  Some people even get slightly constipated, which I don't get, but it happens.  If you have questions, call the MD office.  Good luck with your recoverywink.

Ht: 5'4"; HW 239, SW 220, CW 204, GW125 

NewMeIn2013
on 3/9/13 9:27 am - Springfield, MO

I had my surgery on Monday and same thing. I called my MD he said it was normal should get better in about two weeks

Eva1230
on 3/9/13 11:57 am
Yay!! I'm four days out! I haven't had a BM since Monday so I am worried! Occasional gas that is all. Thinking about drinking some miralax! I'm a regular person!
Poppygail
on 3/9/13 12:02 pm - Florence, KY
RNY on 03/06/13

Welcome Home! My surgery was Wed. and, like you, I was surprised at the relative lack of pain. Hope recovery continues to go well and the diarrhea clears soon.

tljwins
on 3/9/13 2:11 pm
Oh wow you guys are making me so hopeful that it won't hurt so much! Thanks for posting.
My husband had RouxNY sixteen months ago. He had very watery stools for the first week but I wouldn't call it diarrhea because it was only about twice a day. He didn't have solid stools for a month and when that day came he was a happy man! LOL
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views