NSV....wanted to share.

Sherry T.
on 3/11/13 9:12 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Each year a small town near home has a festival...last year, I couldn't make it 5-10 minutes without having to sit down and rest and boy was I ill....I couldn't even enjoy it because I was hurting and I was continually hot.  Saturday, I walked that thing twice! Maybe more, had to go searching for my Mom so I had to double back a few times till I found her!  Actually got a little peeved at the people who decided to stop mid stream and have a social hour like other people were not waiting until they moved.  lol trust me it wasn't only me....so, that was a great feeling. 

I will be 10 months out this month, also wanted to ask...I'm really struggling scale wise and don't feel like my clothes are making much change either. I'm determined to get on my exercise and see if that helps....also want to walk a 5k in May with my surgeon's office in Atlanta....so that's got to put into action or I'll never make it.  I did Zumba last night and really got a work out...no difference this morning.  Hoping that its cause I'm a little sore and maybe retaining some water.  Just wondering what everyone else has done....I know as long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, it will come but boy it sure doesn't make me feel better.

OH well, gotta get ready for work....can't be late getting the kid to school again...LOL

Hugs everyone,

Sherry

chicagomo
on 3/11/13 9:24 pm

hi there

Congrats on the victory! I think we have to focus more on those and less on the scale. I, too, am 10 months out - have lost about 112 and am lingering here at 177 for  the last few weeks. I would like to get into the 150s so that if I have a little bounce back and end up in the mid 170s I would be ok with that. I am 5'8 and am wearing 14-16. My goal is health and fitness, and I can do a lot more walking, although I have a bad ankle injury that hasn't completely improved with the surgery. I joined a gym (finally!) last week and have been just doing 20 minutes on the treadmill, and that has way increased my ankle pain but I know exercise is key for long term, and my ankle hurts anyway, so I figured I might as well hurt and help at the same time!

Anyway-= just wanted to say I am there too and trying to focus on the many wonderful changes and not so much on numbers.

good luck

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/11/13 9:26 pm

Wonderful NSV.

Sherry if you are not doing so already, you may want to use a food tracker to help you get the scale going in the right direction again. Many people use myfitnesspal.com . I use sparkpeople.com

Good Luck!

Blondie76
on 3/11/13 9:38 pm - AL
I second the food tracker. I use myfitnesspal and love it.
Also, if you're just starting to exercise you'll be building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so you might not see the scale move for a bit bu****ch how the inches come off and your body becomes stronger and more defined!!! Just keep up the exercise and it will pay off!!
Congratulations on your NSV!!
Larry Wassmann
on 3/11/13 9:45 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Congratulations on your progress so far. I am also 10 months out. Surgery was on 5/9/12. I had hoped to be at my first goal of normal BMI today but I am about a pound away. Maybe next time I weigh, I will be there. Anyway now that I am close, things are really slowing down for me, but that is fine.

I think you are going to have to examine real close what you are eating and exercise. I exercise in some way most every day. Swim 3 times a week and walk or workout the other days. Even at that, my weight loss is study but not very much each time I weigh. I only get on the scale once a week. Like so many others will say stay off the scale. Sounds simple but I know how hard it is to do. Weight will go up and down each day and you may get discouraged by seeing that so my advice is to just weigh once a week at the same day and time.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Sherry T.
on 3/11/13 11:30 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Wow, your doing great! I still have about 80 lbs to go and yes I've been hit and miss with exercise...so going to really focus on that even with school. I feel so much better when I do it. I do track on my fitness pal...so the calories are good just need to move more. I am proud of how far I've come...down 130 butn my goal is 150 a
t one year.

Thanks everyone!
Sherry