obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/12/13 8:55 pm

Breakfast: med. egg string cheese 

Snack: ham and cream cheese

Lunch: lemon pepper tuna and cottage cheese

Snack String cheese

Supper: lemon pepper tuna and cottage cheese

Maybe my sugar will balance out with snacks!

mydragonmoon
on 3/12/13 9:29 pm
RNY on 02/14/13 with

Woot! Good luck. Sounds like a great plan. What do you do to your tuna? 

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/12/13 10:26 pm, edited 3/12/13 10:37 pm

Add lemon pepper seasoning (to taste) and cottage cheese to tuna. NO mayo. Do not like it.

I love my new life!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/12/13 10:44 pm - Baltimore, MD

Way to go! I'm inspired by how you're re-taking control of your eating life!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/12/13 11:09 pm

Thanks Nik!

I love my new life!

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/12/13 10:57 pm
All is great... But with no veggies -watch for constipation issue. When I try to go very low carbs - I have to make sure I take stuff to get good BM...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/12/13 11:10 pm

I am slowly adding food groups. Thanks for concern. My sugar is acting up. Trying to keep it in balance.

I love my new life!

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/13 1:08 am

Good luck. 

BTW:  I used to have severe RH and now - I am able to control that with my diet. Hope those few things may help you: 

Fat with proteins help me a lot.  I use unsweet coconut milk in my coffee.  Adding more fat - is a blessing for me.   Low fat proteins - like protein shake with no fat added - also made my BS to drop. 

but adding just 1/2 cup of unsweet coconut milk - to a serving of 25 gr of proteins - really worked. Greek yogurt - only full fat or at least 2% - but then I add protein powder to it. 

BTW: when I removed gluten from my diet - after a week or so - I noticed that I can tolerate fruits again (with fat - like nuts or whiped cream) 

Protein bars - even when they say they are low sugar - don't trust that - if you decide to eat some - test it on yourself - test your blood sugar after you eat a protein bar - make sure you eat the bar at least 3 hrs after any food. test your BS before you eat it and then test it 15 after you fini**** and then every 15 min.  Trust me - I found aut the hard way that some bars claim to have 2 gr net carbs when in fact my BS jumped 100 points (from 90 to 190) in 20-25 min after I ate  it... (it was a quest bar). Also - some SA - do affect my BS - and may not show as BS on my monitor - but after 1.5 hr my BS would drop (the SA did stimulate my insulin response). 

Good luck... I KNOW how hard it is to try to stabilize the sugars. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/13/13 1:34 am

THANKS!

I love my new life!