5 months post op!

Victoria A.
on 3/16/13 4:04 am - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

I am having trouble being able to eat as much as my bariatric doctors are requesting that I eat. I can only eat 4 to 6 teaspoons of anything I eat. I don't get sick, but I do have a very full feeling. I am continuing to drink my protein drinks every day, so I am getting 80 to 100 grams a day. I take all my vitamins and feel very good. I am down 82 pds. My Dr. wants me to get 90% of my protein thru food, I don't know how that is possible.

PhillyGal135
on 3/16/13 7:53 am - Phila, PA
RNY on 01/07/13

How many protein shakes are you drinking?    Maybe you are too full because of the shakes.   At about 2 and a half months my doc only wants protein shakes as a meal replacement so I drink one for breakfast only.

Congratulations on the 82 lb loss.   I bet you feel great. 

Arlene

kisersassy
on 3/16/13 12:19 pm - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12
I had my surgery same day as you. My doc still requires ne to drink at least one shake a day and to continue with no cut off date plus I am to get 75 grams protein a day. I drink my shake which is 30 grams and 3 ounce of chicken is 21 grams and I usually eat one ounce of Colby Jack cheese role
led up with applewood Oscar Myer Turkey. And 5 low fat saltine crackers. You really should be able to eat more then you are bit each of us is different. I can eat depending what it I
s 1/2 to 1 cup and I am down. 80 pounds was 287 now 207
Victoria A.
on 3/17/13 1:26 pm - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

Congrats on yor 80 pd. weight loss kisersassy! My shakes are 43 grams, I am drinking 2 a day. I am eating Oscar Turkey too, just not alot, I seem to become very full fast. I'm also eating string cheese, and crackers. I tried scrambled eggs today and that seem to sit well! My dietician wants me to start eating fresh fruit, apples and bananas. I have not tried veggies yet, I am just so afraid of getting sick. Good Luck to you:)

kisersassy
on 3/17/13 1:40 pm - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12
Thank you and good luck to you too!! I am opposite that I eat veggies but no fruit. I just started eating salad with mesquite grilled chicken breast from Sam's club. I eat the Turkey and cheese almost every day. I am going to try Emily bites I have been hearing about
Most Active
Recent Topics