Hello Everyone

tbazz12
on 3/15/13 10:13 am - MI

It's been a while since of have been on here. But most of the time I would just be a reader, not really getting involvedBut not I need some help. I didnt have the normal adjustment time after surgery, my soft food was for almost a year. I am three year out now and still have trouble eating. I have gain a bit of weight back. I say stress and divorce and moving, also going to college full time has made it hard for me to get "Back to the Basics" Please help me get back there. Remind me what I need to be doing I have gained 20lbs and dont reall want to be there. 

Thank you

Kelly M.
on 3/15/13 11:50 am - TX

Hi there, at least you are catching this now, not sure how much help I will be but get in all your protein, drink your water , might help if you track your food, maybe weigh your portions. 

Some one maybe can help you more, I am five months out and still catching on. Good Luck...you can do this...

Ladytazz
on 3/15/13 11:58 am

Toss the snacks if they are carby like chips and the such.  Eat protein first and then on to the vegetables.  Don't drink with meals or 30 minutes afterwards. The best advice I got was 100 grams of protein and 100 oz of fluids, at least, a day.   Avoid refined carbs like the devil.  Without knowing you or your story I can guess that refined carbs are the culprit in your regain.  They are to a lot of people and there is no good reason to eat them when you want to lose weight.  If, after you reach goal you want to try some moderation, go for it.  But it sounds like you already did and like all my previous attempts to eat them moderately, it didn't turn out well.  But if you want to try and are able to that is great.  I just know it doesn't work that way for me.  I'm not saying I will never eat them again.  But for today they aren't part of my plan.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

tbazz12
on 3/15/13 12:24 pm - MI

Thank you for getting back to me. I will start tracking what I eat. I do need to revisit my proteins and water. I dont drink pop, just

milk and water.

Thank you again for your comments and advise. Let me know if there are any other tricks.

T

LadyLilMax
on 3/15/13 1:07 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Just try typing in Bariatric Diet and find one that will help you review what you need to be doing!  Good luck. you can do this.  Keep us informed, ok?

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?