Question about Medication!!!! & pre-op

michellemuss
on 3/21/13 6:23 pm
I would like to know if anyone came off of all medication after and are in a maintenance phase.

Still a little nervous about having this done!!! Start Pre-op diet on Monday!

What are some suggestions for this pre-op diet?
poet_kelly
on 3/21/13 9:35 pm - OH

The only  medication I was on before surgery was my antidepressants and I am still on them four years post op.

My suggestion for the pre op diet is to follow your surgeon's advice.  Also, drink as much as you can, it will help you feel a little less hungry.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

abrannume
on 3/21/13 9:41 pm - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

I guess it would depend on what medications you are on.  I came off of my diabetes and high blood pressure meds post op.

Karen518
on 3/21/13 10:31 pm

I am 8 months out and have 16 lbs left to lose.  I was on oral diabetic meds-two of them-blood pressure meds, cholesterol lowering meds, and thyroid meds.  I was off all but one blood pressure med and the thyroid when I left the hospital.  We stopped the blood pressure meds completely at my two week check up.  I now take thyroid only, which I will always need.  Being off the meds had an immediate and positive impact on my energy level.

My pre-op diet was three protein drinks and one low carb, high protein meal a day for two weeks.  I used Unjury protein (required by my doc) and don't mind it at all.  I lost 10 pounds in those 2 weeks.  It wasn't that hard.  I just had to remember it was my choice to do this and keep my eye on the prize--which for me was health.  Being skinny again is just a fun bonus. I have had no complications at all.

Good luck on your journey!

Most Active
Recent Topics