When did you... .

JaneJetson60
on 3/28/13 11:26 am
RNY on 05/07/12

What does your plan say?   Personally, I have only had toppings and that has been only twice since surgery last year.  you are awfully early out and part of surgery for me in the beginning is to break these habits of eating all the things that caused me to be obese in the first place.  I notice alot of people still want to eat all the things they could before and really it's not that we can't but way further on down the road if that is what you chose.  Plus trigger foods for some of us we want to stay away from.  I don't do mash potatoes and gravy, pasta, breads, rice.  I am about 11 months out and this surgery has taught me to break the vicious cycle on alot of my cravings.  But I want to succeed and so I am aware of things I put in my mouth. 

Again, if your plan says ok, then you already know the answer.  Jane

Jilly Bean
on 3/28/13 11:30 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

I have a slice about twice a month. I eat thin, crispy crust with no greasy meats. But that's just me. 

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

OH2012
on 3/28/13 12:21 pm - OH

Love your signature comment!!!

Prov. 3:5,6

Tt165
on 3/28/13 11:39 am - West Terre Haute, IN

WLS date- 12/13/12

i have tried Papa Johns thin crust pizza, eating very slowly and chewing it up... To no avail... It made me sick. 

Good luck:) 

Carpe Diem:)

BezoarGirl
on 3/28/13 11:43 am - WA

I tried a papa muphy pizza at 5 mo out and it was the think delite crust with cheese, chicken and veggies.  I didn't eat the crust either.  I was good.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

MrsLitch
on 3/28/13 9:53 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I had surgery June 4 last year and on father's day my in laws hosted it at a local pizza place. My plan called for meat cheese and eggs only at that point so I ate the cheese and sausage topping off the pizza. It went down well and I've eaten it ever since. I don't eat it all the time but the toppings are de*****o food for me. If it's greasy I do blot the grease off with a paper towel before eating. But grease doesn't seem to bother me. I now eat about a half a slice of crust with it and then just the toppings off the other half and the toppings off a second piece if I have room. I don't get a lot of fat in my diet and our body needs fat so pizza here and there doesn't bother me at all.

Follow your plan and work your way through it to what works for you. If it is a trigger food even if it doesn't bother you you may want to avoid it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 150 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views