When did you... .

misspeachpie
on 3/28/13 10:23 am - FL
Adventure out and try pizza? I heard it was ok to eat thin crust pizza not sure How true this is. Please help.
KatBee
on 3/28/13 10:32 am

Pizza is a big no no. 1 the bread 2 the cheese is going to be full milk cheese which means full fat. not to mention the grease.

Too risky for me

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/28/13 10:35 am - OH

Lots of people routinely eat full fat cheese after their RNYs as a way to get SOME fat into their diet to avoid dry skin, constipation, etc.  I'm not saying that YOU should eat it, but just saying that it is not like regular cheese is forbidden or evil.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 3/28/13 11:51 am - OH

Pizza is not a big no no for me.  I ate it last night for dinner, as a matter of fact.  we actually need some fat in our diet.  And there is nothing wrong with eating some bread now and then if you tolerate it. 

Of course, you may choose not to eat pizza.  But that doesn't mean it's a big no no for everyone.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MrsLitch
on 3/28/13 9:48 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

actually many doctors suggest full fat cheese over low fat. I have never eaten low fat as my pcp doesn't think that it's as healthy for me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/28/13 10:32 am - OH

I had some pizza toppings (NO crust) once I was 6 months out. I don't have any forbidden foods. Even at almost 6 years out, I eat two bites with crust and then just the toppings (with the excess fat blotted off with a paper towel).

Whether or not it is "ok" for you depends a lot on how far out from surgery you are, what your philosophy of eating is for your post-op life (can you handle eating occasional fatty foods in moderation or will they tempt you to overeat (and therefore you would be better off avoiding those foods?), and how committed you are to completely revamping your eating habits.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

selhard
on 3/28/13 10:38 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I was advised to only eat the topping off of pizza and leave the crust altogether.  Makes sense and sounds do-able. Good Luck. 

Dee.spunk
on 3/28/13 10:45 am - Sacramento, CA
I've tried a bit if the crust before. Me and carbs just don't mix too well. I eat the toppings. But I won't eat it if it looks greasy, only cause me and greasy foods also don't mix well. I get sick.

On a side note, I eat cheese everyday. I put it in my beans, meat, chicken... Well just about everything! I love cheese!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Pittsteelers
on 3/28/13 10:48 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I've had pizza. But.... it is not a regular meal of mine. Not enough protein in one slice of pizza, so not worth it. If I want pizza I make my own at home. I use flat bread, pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and fat free mozzarella. Another way to get that "pizza" fix is a pizza omelette. Egg beaters, turkey pepperoni, ff mozzarella and pizza sauce.

KatBee
on 3/28/13 11:19 am

Oops my bad. I assumed I would never be able to eat regular pizza again. But I'm only 3 1/2 wks out so I'm still on pureed & paranoid about what I eat

Most Active