Denied

Kmc1204
on 3/28/13 3:27 pm - NY
RNY on 07/01/13
Got the news today... I've been denied from the insurance company. I told myself when I started this journey that it was a possibility. Still hurts though. Feel like the wind's been knocked out of me. Of course I'll appeal and try to stay positive until then.

Misty Morgan
on 3/28/13 3:29 pm - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13
I'm sorry!!! What was the reason they denied you? Definitely appeal!!!

tarsanne
on 3/28/13 4:18 pm - MO
I was denied twice. The first time because they wouldn't cover sleeve, only bypass. My fault, I should have known that before. The second time, I didn't weigh enough. Missed it by 8 pounds! I told my np that I was sure I had gained that much since we first submitted so she weighed me again. I had gained --- 8.2 pounds! So we resubmitted and in about 2 weeks I was approved. Hang in there hon. I feel your pain! ((Hugs))
virvin
on 3/28/13 6:23 pm - CO

Hang in there.  I agree with the others.  Go through the appeals process and work with your surgeon and general practitioner to help you.  It's important to get them working as a team for you.  It will not be easy, but it will be soooo worth it.  

Keep us posted. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

poet_kelly
on 3/28/13 10:12 pm - OH

Why were you denied?  Often it's a small thing like the surgeon didn't fax all the necessary paperwork.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

thynnlynn
on 3/28/13 11:22 pm - MI

I would get a copy of your insurance guide to see exactly what they require not to deny and make sure you have met these rules and, as posted above, make sure no mistakes have been made.  Everything is coded and they recently changed coding systems.  Even the doctor's do not know what to use for codes and many things get messed up.

I had to have my surgery postponed for 2 months due to some bad labs and I was devastated.  Looking back, it was no so bad after all and I am sure you will get approved! 

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/29/13 2:54 am

Kelly is correct. I see many requests without supporting documentation, which (at my place of employment) leads to a request for more information. Then if the information isn't received, we close the request because we cannot process it.

On what grounds were you denied?

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 485 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 412 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?