OT high heels

Tracy91002
on 3/27/13 6:56 am
RNY on 01/17/13

Seriously, is there a trick to wearing them.  I am going to a wedding in a few weeks and would love to wear heels but I can't seem to walk in them without looking like a fool.  Please there has to be something I don't know.  Help!!

Vdekker
on 3/27/13 7:28 am - Mt
RNY on 12/21/12

OMG you made me laugh...Thank You!   I was looking at them at the store just  today and thought to myself I wouldn't know how to even walk in them, why would I buy them!  SOOOOO maybe when I have lost more I might try them too!!  Good Luck, I will be watching to see what people say.

Val

ialdridge
on 3/27/13 7:30 am - Humble, TX
RNY on 04/08/13

YouTube has a video on how to walk in them. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comH.W. 312   S.W. 275.  C.W 231 RNY on 04/08/13

Dee.spunk
on 3/27/13 7:49 am - Sacramento, CA
Really?! I didn't know there was an instructional on how to walk in them. I thought we just had to practice practice practice, fall and look silly before we'd learn how. At least that's how I learned.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

SoCaPinkLady
on 3/27/13 7:39 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

What ever would we do without YouTube?!?!?!

Lori                               

JaneJetson60
on 3/27/13 8:36 am
RNY on 05/07/12

I didn't know one needed to learn how to walk in heels!  Maybe it's because I came from a time where we wore heels all the time.  Even when I was in my 40's I danced in heels all the time but that was before I gained a big portion of my weight.  I miss dancing and wearing heels so much.  But my hips are shot.  If you don't know how to carry your body with heels on, I would not suggest a wedding to be the place to do it.  Also don't start with a high heel. Try a 2 inch or a wedge would even be better.  Good luck!  The really complete an outfit but they are also hard on the spine and legs and throws the body out of alignment.  But that I think is for women who wear them all the time.  Jane

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/27/13 8:37 am

I recommend picking a pair with a lower heel since you are unaccustomed to them. Then put them on and walk around the house. Practice makes perfect. Also, don't get a pair that almost fits. Get a pair that fits like a glove and allows you to stand and walk without wincing. This is not the time to try out six inch heels.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Tracy91002
on 3/27/13 8:57 am
RNY on 01/17/13

I think you guys are right.  Going to try a small Heel.  I would hate to fall in front of family and friends (plus a few not friends). I don't want to give anyone a funniest home video moment.  Thanks everyone.

MyLady Heidi
on 3/27/13 10:27 am

If you wanna go sky high get thick platform so you foot is not arched uncomfortably.  I am used to wearing heels but since my feet are small there is a height that is too much and hurts when he arch is to high.  Practice makes perfect with heels but if you can't make it work wear something you can walk in, nothing looks worse then crippling around in heels.  Or having to take hem off.

Jilly Bean
on 3/27/13 12:28 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12
I hate high heels. Wedges, however, are a whole other story. Love them!!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.