Stuck food

meeshelle
on 4/1/13 12:13 am
RNY on 03/04/13

this is so painful what can you do to relieve it or stop from happening even??

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

Dee.spunk
on 4/1/13 12:18 am - Sacramento, CA
Chew, chew, chew, take smaller bites, slow down and eat only what you measured out. Sometimes if you take that one last bite, it's too much, so listen to your body. Some people have a tell, like sneezing, watery nose, hiccups, or burping. That's how they now they've had to much.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Karen1961
on 4/1/13 2:38 am - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12

What Dee said, up above me!  Chew like crazy!  I don't have a "tell" like some people, but I'm learning that before that happens I get a slight amount of pressure in my chest, just very slight.  I have to pay close attention when I'm eating to be able to notice it (which mindful eating is always good!).  If I feel that I don't take even one more bite.  I've been able to avoid the stuck food agony since I noticed that.  And definitely CHEW, CHEW, CHEW!

debbie A.
on 4/1/13 3:56 am - inland empire, CA

I've had that stuck feeling too. I went into the bathroom and threw it up. So now I just be very careful. It happened with a scrambled egg.

bbearsmama
on 4/1/13 9:34 am
RNY on 02/28/13

I get that too and it's miserable. Then I start spitting up.  The slower I eat--the better. I think my bites are too big sometimes, too. Someone on here heard that pickle juice helps. Other people recommended papaya enzymes.

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Allen Y.
on 4/1/13 3:13 pm - Garland, TX

If your really really miserable get some ho****er and sip it (SLOWLY). You will feel worse and then if all goes as planed you will have a visit with RALPH. Then you should start feeling better. Next time chew chew chew and chew some more. Take your time enjoy what your eating.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views