Anyone had a revision done?

jrichardson16
on 4/2/13 3:15 am - Lafayette, IN

I am almost 5 years out (6/4/08).  Recently (since July) I have gained 22 lbs back.  I noticed that I can eat larger portions and am thinking of asking about a revision.  The day of my surgery I weighed 320 pounds.  My lowest was 157.  I am so depressed.  Made and appointment to see the PA and the dietician to talk to them about this.  I did not have this surgery to let myself gain weight back.  I have been exercising also.  What the heck is going on?  my underwear are getting tight around the legs and I can feel the difference in my stomach.  GROSS!  I never want to be as heavy as I was before.  I am putting my 2 week notice in at work today.  Under lots of stress due to taking care of working 40 plus hours a week and taking care of my elderly parents (now living in their home to do so) 7 children, 2 grandbabies and 1 on the way. 

Anyone whose had this please tell me what you had to do to get this done.

thanks

jrichardson16

addict05
on 4/2/13 3:56 am - IL

You've only gained 22lbs back you don't need a revision, you just need to get back to basics.  And weighing 177 is not gross,  that could be insulting to some of the other members on here.

poet_kelly
on 4/2/13 3:58 am - OH

Do you think something is wrong with your pouch or stoma?  Or are you making the wrong food choices?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Laura in Texas
on 4/2/13 3:58 am

I don't think any surgeon would do a revision on someone who has gained 22 pounds. Weigh and measure your food. Track every bite. I had surgery 3 months after you. It is possible to maintain, but takes effort.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

jrichardson16
on 4/2/13 4:00 am - Lafayette, IN

I am not sure if there is anything wrong with it or not.  Going to have it checked.  I never did get down to my goal weight and am now gaining.  So going to discuss with them and see what they have to say.  Thanks to everyone *****sponded

jrichardson16

Ready2ChangeMe
on 4/2/13 4:03 am - Canada

Hello,

After 5 years and only gaining 22 lbs...yah 179 isn't bad...however instead of considering a revision...how about just getting back to the basics.....like protein shakes, tracking what you eat etc.....I am fluctuate around 156-162lbs and I know if I ever hit 170 I am going to do some SERIOUS working out and food check in...I don't ever want to get back to my 298lbs frame....that is gross on ME!!!...Best of Luck!

Laura in Texas
on 4/2/13 4:04 am

In November you posted this:

"I am definitely having trouble as I started a new job 3 months ago and I have gained 15 lbs back. I am snacking on the wrong stuff and eating the wrong stuff and overeating. I eat when I am sad,mad,glad,worried,stressed etc. Just like before."

Track your food. Get rid of the junk.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

poet_kelly
on 4/2/13 4:48 am - OH

Ah.  Well, there is no surgery or revision that will prevent snacking on the wrong stuff or eating when you are sad, mad, glad, worried, etc.  Therapy might help with the emotional eating.  Have you tried that?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Allen Y.
on 4/2/13 4:45 am - Garland, TX

Well technical my answer to you is yes I had revisions. But it's not a 22 pound difference. In 2001 I had a VBG and went from 587 lbs to 216. I thought I was on top of the world at that weight. Then I had deaths in the family and other set backs, lost my job and before you knew it in 2012 I was 561 lbs again.

I really could not believe it. I had not stepped on a scale in years and was just in complete denial about what was going on. In March of 2012 I had a revision to RNY. Then in April 2012 it was discovered that all had not gone well in the original surgery and that I had a fistula. So I had a 2nd operation in April 2012. I have since lost over 200 LBS. Again I am starting to feel healthy but I have learned that I can never ever let my guard down. 

If you have only gained 22 lbs I don't think your thoughts should be on revision. They should be on diet, emotional support and of course on the gym and any activity you can put up with and perhaps even enjoy. Think about Zumba or just taking 15 minuets a day to walk or exercise more than you would right now. 22 LBS is not a huge weight gain and you can get it under control IMHO.

jrichardson16
on 4/3/13 7:32 pm - Lafayette, IN

Thanks everyone for your replies.  All of you are correct.  I need to get up off my butt and get back to basics.  Thanks for the kick in the Ass!

jrichardson16

Most Active
Recent Topics