4 months out and I am loving this honeymoon!!!

Brighthealthyfuture
on 4/5/13 11:36 pm

My surgery was 12/4/12.  I have lost 78 pounds!  I feel great!  I was wearing size 26/28.  This week I bought and am comfortably wearing size 18's!  I used to wear size 4x scrubs and they were snug.  This past week for the first time I wore 1x scrubs.  They were snug but wearable.  And now I can wear undies from Victoria's Secret!!!  I know this is the honeymoon and it won't always be so easy but I am feeling so empowered. Up until now I have just tried to be more active walking longer distances and taking the stairs instead of the elevator, this month I will start weight training too.  I have a long way to go and the weight goal on my ticker is a historical low, but it is just a number, so if I am healthier somewhere above that number, I have to remember this is about my life and health, not a number.  I am so thankful for all the blessings on this journey!

misspeachpie
on 4/5/13 11:59 pm - FL
Congrats! Keep up the good work!
Dar_Mab
on 4/6/13 12:01 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Great post!  I am only 4 weeks out but looking forward to being 4 months oit

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Tammy S.
on 4/6/13 12:27 am - DE
Congrats! My surgery was the same day! We have similar numbers too! Overall i am down 81, but that includes pre op too. It has definately been amazing. I agree, i try not to get too hung up on the numbers. I played basketball with my family yesterday! 6 months ago, that wouldnt have been possible. I am just so thankful!! Good luck on your journey!!

slashes
on 4/6/13 1:41 am

Way to go - I loved the honeymoon days - I am over a year post op now and down 102 lbs, but slowed down and almost stopped now. BUT I only have another 34 to go to my personal goal and with the warm weather and being more active outside I still have my eye on the prize!!!

Keep it up u sound like ur doing fantastic!!!

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Brighthealthyfuture
on 4/6/13 7:14 am
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I love this site. I can't always get to my support group meetings, but I am often lurking here and I have learned so much from the posts here. This is my online, anytime support group!

Most Active
Recent Topics