Monthly stalls for 20 days?

Nutmegger
on 4/13/13 2:58 pm
Hi All, I'm 4 months out and am frustrated by a pattern I'm seeing. I don't see anyone else commenting on repeated, monthly stalls.

Basically every month for 20 days I lose nothing , not e en an ounce, then for 1 week - 10 days I lose1-3 pounds a day for a total of 10-15 pounds lost.

I record everything and looked for patterns with water, nutrients, protein and workouts, there is no pattern. I've never heard of anyone experiencing this. Anyone else have the same?

I know stalls are to be expected, but this pattern is weird!
scarlettbegonias
on 4/13/13 4:06 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

I'm pretty similar, not exactly 20 days but I swear I lose for less days a month than what I stay stagnant....nothing,nothing,nothing,lose,nothing,nothing,nothing,SO frustrating,I know personally I need to up my water and could defiantly do with my protein upping.

just wanted to let you know you're not alone!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

JJ_
on 4/13/13 6:43 pm

For me, that sort of lose nothing and then lose something pattern has been irregular.  The further I am out from surgery (16 months), I find that it is more common.  I had my first stall at 5 months. 

Judy

Nutmegger
on 4/14/13 2:28 pm
Thanks for the replies.
It's frustrating and I've never heard of the sam pattern for anyone. Not sure what else to do but wait and keep doing the same excercise, water,protein, etc.
Vdekker
on 4/15/13 6:09 am - Mt
RNY on 12/21/12

I am the same way/  I will got two to three weeks and then loose 2-5 lbs and then nothing again.  This is the way I have lost the whole time so I am guessing that is what my body needs to regroup.  I stay away from the scale so it doesn't get to me and keep my eyes on the long term goal.

Good Luck to you.

cherylmathis
on 4/16/13 8:59 am - WI

Have you looked at your monthly cycles and how they line up with that? I've noticed that I won't lose anything until after my period... and then I stop losing around ovulation time. I've heard from some of my non-WLS friends that they have weird weight loss patterns like that around their cycles as well - although not necessarily in the same timing-, so maybe it's common. 

Most Active
Recent Topics