Shaky After Morning Vits

Megan S.
on 4/11/13 12:23 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

I'm a month post op and I've noticed that after I take my morning vitamins I get shaky. Like I have low blood sugar, but I'm not a diabetic. I'm taking bariatric advantage multi and 3 calcium chews which are sugar free. Anyone else have or had similar? 

Thanks!

~Megan  

poet_kelly
on 4/11/13 12:31 am - OH

Sugar alcohols in the calcium chews, maybe?

Why do you take three at once?  We can only absorb about 500 mg calcium at a time?  are you taking the 250 mg chews?  If so, you only need two at a time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Megan S.
on 4/11/13 12:54 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

I eat 6 of the chews a day. 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening, so I've been taking them wrong. Great! So how should I be eating them, I guess 2 in the am, 2 in the afternoon and 2 at night? This is such a learning process!!

Thanks for the advice!!

~Megan

poet_kelly
on 4/11/13 12:58 am - OH
On April 11, 2013 at 7:54 AM Pacific Time, Megan S. wrote:

I eat 6 of the chews a day. 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening, so I've been taking them wrong. Great! So how should I be eating them, I guess 2 in the am, 2 in the afternoon and 2 at night? This is such a learning process!!

Thanks for the advice!!

~Megan

Yeah, that works.  Just make sure you take each dose at least two hours apart.

That might help with the shaky feeling.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Megan S.
on 4/11/13 1:02 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

Thanks so much!!!

hop2bthin
on 4/11/13 2:59 pm - Florence, AL

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM SINCE THE BEGINNING , I HAVE TESTED MY SUGAR  BEFORE WHEN I START FEELING THAT WAY & SOMETIMES IT IS VERY LOW & SOMETIMES ITS IN THE NORMAL RANGE BUT ON THE LOW SIDE. BUT A LITTLE WHILE AFTER I EAT I FEEL BETTER, I DO NOT USE THE CALCIUM CHEWS.

hop2bthin

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views