ok done what some of you posted

Margaret Smith
on 4/14/13 11:15 am - Lake Wales, FL

Ok I posted abt me passen out with seizers om Easter Sunday and my blood sugar was 69 when someone took it,some of you sujested I get a tester and keep track of my suagr level well I did just that today and I am totally confused on whats going on 8 yrs out from rny AND HAVING LOW BLOOD SUGAR ISSUE NOW

today my sugar levels r crazy ,after breakfast/lunch mix it was 54 and at 3:00 pm it was 47 so I ate toast/jelly & oatmeal w/brown sugar that brought it back up 127 then at 4pm it was 81 then at 6:30 pm it was 52.

Has this every happened to anyone else,I have no signs that sugar is low except I'm just tired.I really do watch how much suagr I take it,I try to avoid sugar I use splenda for everything.After I ate the sugar food to get my surgar back up I had to rinse my mouth out several times because it felt like someone had dumped a bad of pure sugar in my mouth.

I cant stand sugarery food period,

Any ideals on how to keep sugar from dropping like this????

Margaret--- Fl

angeleigh
on 4/14/13 11:28 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I know most all of my patients that I work that have lower BS, we test there sugar first thing in the morning, and before meals, and bed. If it is low they get PB crackers, fruits, OJ, Apple Juice, ect. its not always about eating sugar, its more about what your eating. Fruits are good, PB crackers are good, Veggies are good. You might need to be eating a more balanced diet, more carbs, more veggies. Or just eating more often.

I would keep a log of what your eating, do your BS before you eat, then log the foods you eat, and BS again before next meal. DO that for a few days and make an appointment with your doctor to have them do a A1C check. But biggest thing is get to the doctor.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

MrsLitch
on 4/14/13 12:20 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I've had hypoglycemia for 20 years, RH for 2 prior to surgery. I was concerned with it going into rny although I was told it would prevent my RH from going to diabetes I was also told it could straighten out my blood sugar. I haven't had a problem since but I'm still under a year. I've read several places that hypoglycemia can be a factor after surgery. I kept mine in check by eating small meals several times a day and making sure I had a good balance of protein/carbs. I'd track it for a week and make an appt with your doctor to go over your results. make sure you do morning, before and after meals with a list of what you ate at each meal. The doc should be able to point you in the right direction or put you with a dietician who can.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!