Terrible ulcer pain...I think

cuddles010982
on 4/19/13 10:11 am - Mt
Hello everyone. I am 13 months post RNY and down 150 pounds! However I have something kind of scary going on. I have gotten this terribly intense pain right in the middle of my stomach right under my ribs. It radiates to my chest where it feels like someone is sitting on my chest. It also radiates all the way up and down my back. I ended up in the ER a couple night ago due to this pain. They did a ct scan and said it looked fine but is probably am ulcer. I have an appointment w a GI doc next Thursday. The pain is staying very constant and it is preventing me from being able to eat or drink anything as every time I do the pain gets much more intense. Does anyone have any suggestions to help deal w the pain or of what I should try to eat or drink. I'm feeling very terrible and very scared bc the pain is so intense. I wish I didn't have to wait until Thursday to see a doctor.

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
SarahLee1969
on 4/19/13 10:53 am - NY
Do you have a gallbladder?
If it is as bad as you are describing I would be calling the office again. Did they start you on any meds for the ulcer?
cuddles010982
on 4/19/13 11:25 am - Mt

no i had my gallbladder taken out last year. They did give me a precription for pepcid but it has not done anything for the pain. I called the ER and told them my pain is not getting better and I cant eat or drink and they said they can't give me any information over the phone, but I can go in if I want. I would rather not have another hospital bill though so I am going to take it easy tonight. I tried sucking on ice and ended up throwing up. I don't know what else to try to get fluids in.

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/19/13 12:19 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12

I am so sorry that you a feeling so bad , but I really think you need to go back to the ER, if you can't even keep the fluid from an ice cube down , you will be severely dehydrated by morning .

Can you do tums?

try heating pad or ice pack on belly/chest area

I really do think you should get back to the ER and I am not one to say that !!!

PLEASE take care and let us know what is going on 

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 527 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 215 views
What's on your Monday Menu?