OT--Woke up in the middle of the night and...

Sara O.
on 4/15/13 9:22 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

My hands were heavy and it was like I was paralyzed. It was like when my legs "fall asleep" when I sit for too long in the same position. It took what seemed like forever just to lift my arms and had to move about to get back to the normal feeling. Is it bad circulation from sleeping in weird positions? Should I be concerned?

Candy V.
on 4/15/13 9:35 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I have had that happen, but one arm or the other not both.  I cause this myself by curling my arm up under my pillow while half asleep then leaving it there to long.    Unless you sleep on your tummy with both arm up, I would ask my doctor.  It being both sides concerns me.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Sara O.
on 4/15/13 9:55 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

I sleep like that too. I'm glad to hear its not something happening just to me.

beverlyp
on 4/15/13 9:57 pm

I do that all the time..both arms.  LOL feel like Ace Ventura after he got darted in when nature calls.  Every time it happens to me its cause i flipped over on my belly in my sleep and tucked my arms under myself, thus cutting off all circulation or cause the bed is to full of kids and hubby and I try to sleep in 3 inches of space, or someone is sleeping on top of me.  I just stand up and sling em around for a while till the feeling comes back. 

Kat1313
on 4/16/13 2:50 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

This is called "sleep paralysis".  I had it happen a number of times and it was very scary, I couldn't move anything or even make a sound.  Here's a link to Web MD:  http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis

In my case it went away on its own, I have no idea what caused it as I didn't see a doctor about it, but if you experience it again you might want to talk to your doc.

Sara O.
on 4/16/13 4:45 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

Thanks for the link Kat. :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?