Day 13 - feeling puny

ShadowHR
on 4/17/13 7:14 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

Had surgery on 4/4/13 and have felt pretty darn good, no complications  and very little nausea .  Today, I feel weak and tired.  I left work at 2 pm so I could come home and put my comfey clothes on and rest.  

My hope is this is a temporary phase and will quickly pass.  My post op with nutritionist and surgeon is next week.  

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

susan

Surgery Weight 245

Tiggybeep
on 4/17/13 7:21 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

I'm glad your surgery went so smoothly - keep in mind though that even with that, it was MAJOR surgery!  Are you getting in as many kcal as you're supposed to be?  (I know I'm not.. though trying.)  That could make you tired as well.  How soon did you go back to work?

ShadowHR
on 4/17/13 9:18 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

I went back on day 4, just half days and have not been o eroding it.  This week I started full days at the office  and that might be while I am more tired.  I am averaging 400 calories and 50+ grams protein.

Surgery Weight 245

Mrs_Stimpy
on 4/17/13 7:26 am
RNY on 12/20/12

Susan, were you at the support meeting last night?  I think I recognize you from there - I was a yellow lei from the back row.  I also had Dr. Reising - and I'm the one who thinks he's gorgeous!!

I felt crummy off and on for about two months, but it's been about a month since I've been sick enough to throw up at all.  When I first came home, I had no problems either - I didn't even take the prescription they offered me for pain pills.  I didn't follow the diet very well, though - I tried eggs and tuna before I should have, and that made me feel bad.  After I went back to more liquids and protein bars, I felt much better.  I used to have trouble with ground beef, beef roast, and even chicken, but I haven't had any problems for the last month. 

Sometimes I felt really tired too, and a nap in the afternoon was really welcome.  My worst problem at first was not being able to poop - it took me a full week, and then I had to take suppositories in order to go for two days in a row.  It was so painful!  After those two days, though, I have had no  problems there at all either. 

Comfy clothes are the BEST!  Now that you're losing weight, you shouldn't have any problems at all - none of your clothes should hurt anymore and you'll soon be buying smaller ones or getting out your 'thin' clothes.  Good luck and I hope you feel better really soon!

Good luck to all of us on our journeys! 

Highest - 222 / Pre-Surgery - 215 / Goal 150

ShadowHR
on 4/17/13 9:25 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

Hi there - yes that was me.  I have flowed the diet, although I struggle to get all three snacks in each day.  The sf instant breakfast or protein drinks are  difficult to finish even in an hour or more.  I usually stop at 1/2 a serving.

i am so ready to try eggs, tuna and refried beans.  I hope when I see Dr.R and the nutritionist on Tuesday they give me the go ahead to move to puréed foods.

susan

Surgery Weight 245

frgprncs
on 4/17/13 7:36 am - Lake Stevens, WA
RNY on 04/02/13

I too am super tired the past couple days...I talked to my NUT and she said its because of lack of carbs...I should be mixing my protein with milk and I've been using water as the milk even lactose free sits like a brick in my tummy....sure hope this passes soon as I have things to do! The weather is getting nicer and I want to go out and play!

Boo.3
on 4/17/13 8:10 am, edited 4/17/13 8:41 am
RNY on 04/08/13

I had my surgery on 4/8/13.  I felt good until Monday evening 4/15 when I developed the most raging cough and cold like symptoms. I am on antibiotics and have really hit bottom with this cough. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views