Weight gain

glad2balive
on 4/18/13 10:54 pm, edited 4/18/13 11:21 pm

Sorry for whining! I went to doctor for annual check up and had gained 32 lbs. in past year. I knew I had gone up two pant sizes but this in unreal. I guess I will really buckle down. I will not be a loser on this journey.Something drastic is needed since nothing else is working.  Any advice helpful. I am willing to try liquid diet for two weeks, two weeks soft foods and then high protein low/no carb to jumpstart weight lose. I cannot move at this size. I am a failure and fear gaining more weight since it got out of hand before I knew it. I refuse to accept this is my destiny weight. I am heavy for my body type. Right now I am so depressed. I am not happy with my failure. I feel so guilty and ashamed.  I was already ashamed and guilty for needing the surgery this just compounds it.   I am not glad to be alive in this shape and  because I have been this weight for a while with no luck losing at 4 yrs. out. Sorry to be such a downer.    

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

MrsLitch
on 4/18/13 10:59 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

you don't need to go back to the liquid diet, you just need to get back on track and follow your plan. Go back to basics, protein first, veggies second. No drinking with meals. Get out and move as much as you can.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

cajungirl
on 4/18/13 11:04 pm

First off stop the negative talk, it does you NO good.  You can do this with a well balanced protein-rich eating plan.  Write down everything you put in your mouth, even a little bite of something needs to be written down.  You'll then see where you need to make changes.

Here's a sample of what my eating looks like in a day:

B - cottage cheese with Splenda

S - boiled egg, couple pieces of beef jerkey

L - piece of grilled chicken and a veggie

S - Greek Yogurt

D - Salad loaded with protein (not a lot of lettuce) and a little salad dressing

S - something sweet (Yes I eat something sweet just about everyday and it's not usually a healthier choice but I account for it)

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Neen L.
on 4/18/13 11:10 pm - Arlington, VA

MrsLitch has the right idea! Get back to the basics. A liquid diet might help you lose weight, but it's temporary. You can't exist on it forever, and when you go back to solid food you'll start gaining again. My advice would be to evaluate your diet, and begin logging your daily intake on a food tracking website (i.e. sparkpeople or myfitnesspal). That will give you a sense of how much to lower your caloric intake, if you need more protein, and if you can cut or reduce certain less-healthy items in your menu.

Don't feel ashamed. Regain happens, and the important thing is that you have recognized that there are changes you need to make in order to get to a healthy place. Protein and veggies first, and don't drink while you eat.

I'd also add that exercise was what really helped me lose the regain weight I had. It doesn't have to be anything crazy. Take a walk, do a 15 minute circuit, do some jumping jacks, go to a beginner yoga or dance class, or just start taking the stairs in lieu of the elevator, and parking further away from the entrance when you go places. The more you move, the better you will feel. Exercise releases all of those nice endorphins, and if you are feeling depressed it will help a little bit.

Just remember above all to have compassion for yourself and remember that this is not a linear journey. There will be ups and downs, but you CAN and WILL be healthy if you want it. Best wishes!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

glad2balive
on 4/18/13 11:13 pm

I keep a food, fluid and protein intake log. 

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?