tomorrow is the big day! surgery day!!!

claudia_xo
on 4/22/13 11:40 pm - FL

Hey ya'll

so tomorrow is my big day! the nerves are starting to hit and on top of that i just got my period -___-

any advice on getting through these next few days are welcomed!

oh, and what should i pack for the hospital?

xo

Brenda S.
on 4/22/13 11:46 pm - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
Best wishes tomorrow!! You really don't need much in the hospital. I enjoyed wearing my own pajamas. You'll also want all your toiletries. Just know it takes time to feel ok. I had a lot of nausea but very little pain. Weirdest tip? Smelling an alcohol swab helps a lot with nausea. Weird, but true!!

Tiggybeep
on 4/22/13 11:51 pm
RNY on 04/02/13 with

Lots of luck to you!  My doc's office told me to pack just chapstick and a pair of underwear.  If someone's going with you, let them hold on to your cell phone, etc.  Apparently hospitals are notorious for losing things (they're way more concerned with you than with your stuff!), so I wouldn't bring anything expensive.  Wear comfy clothes that are loose around the waist - you'll be wearing them home!  Pretty much anything else you need will be provided for you.  GOOD LUCK!

shannonigan
on 4/23/13 12:25 am - Tooele, UT
RNY on 04/30/13
Good luck to you! Hope everything goes swimmingly
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/13 12:30 am - NY
RNY on 07/17/12

I found Biotene mouth spray very helpful for dry mouth after surgery when you can't drink anything.  As far as what to take to hospital, I took a couple of pairs of pajamas, underwear,robe, toiletries and my cell phone.  Everyone is nervous before surgery.  You will do great.  Best of luck.

dahoodman
on 4/23/13 1:18 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

The biggest things I enjoyed were slippers/comfy shoes and shorts. The hospital provided lip balm and mouth stuff to keep it moist.

Oh and my neighbor is a nurse and told me to bring chocolates for the nurses. I forgot mine. She said I would be the talk of the nurses station and if I needed anything at all they would all come running to my room. I wish I had brought the chocolates. Believe me you won't be tempted to eat any of them either. If you don't bring any (or even if you do really), just make sure you don't let those nurses treat you like crap and also stay on top of your pain meds because the nurses won't. You will likely start out on a pain pump of some sort but they may take you off of that and start an oral liquid, that's when YOU have to be on top of your game.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Misty Morgan
on 4/23/13 1:28 am - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13
I am also tomorrow! Good luck to you! I have packed underwear, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, brush, Chapstick, and that's all so far lol!

mussit64
on 4/23/13 1:39 am - Panama City , FL
RNY on 04/18/13

Good Luck to you .....  I am 6 days out and everything went well and everything is going well now..  Prayers your way 

glad2balive
on 4/23/13 1:57 am

Bring a pillow for the ride home and a stretchy pair of pants for the most comfort.  I will be praying for you!  

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

The_girl_next_door
on 4/23/13 2:04 pm
Sending prayers!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics