three weeks post op

alexadenitto
on 4/23/13 1:31 am - CT
RNY on 04/08/13

Im starting to feel a lot better than i was the first and second week after surgery (which was hell) today is my first day back at work and im finding that now im here and not sleeping alot its a lot easier for me to finish my protein shakes, drink more water ect.  next week im aloud to start adding more food to my diet, tuna with crackers, meat, and veggies and a little bit of salad if i can tolerate it and then after that im on a "normal" diet.  The foods im wondering if i will be able to eat is sweet/ baked potatoes, popcorn, and chilli.  and any other suggestions that anyone that they liked once they were aloud to eat "normal"

glad2balive
on 4/23/13 1:49 am

Remember to start with protein first then veggies.  I would save the starches and carbs for last. Chili is a great source of protein.

Good luck! 

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

katzmeow13
on 4/23/13 3:21 am

Wendy's chili is a go to food for me. That and greek yogurt are things that I know go in ok and don't cause me any issues.

Both have been easy on my pouch since early out and I've heard that many people find them satisfying and easy to eat.

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

MrsLitch
on 4/23/13 3:51 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

of course you should follow your doctor's plan but you really need to concentrate on getting your protein in. Many find after they get that in there isn't room for much else. Many doc's plans say protein first, then veggies and only then if there is room should you go to complex carbs.

My doc's plan is much more strict with only meat cheese and eggs for the first 3 mo, veggies at 3 mo, fruit at 4 mo. and complex carbs at 75% of excess weight lost or 6 mo. While I didn't eat "perfect" to my doc's plan I didn't try popcorn for a few months and really limited it the few times I had it until I was closer to goal. potatoes I have only had very rarely and only a couple times before they were allowed on my plan, once being Thanksgiving when I had a couple of bites with my turkey.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 87 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 306 views