Question about my labs...

katmom_02
on 5/2/13 11:07 pm - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 02/20/13

So I thought I had a UTI, but my UA shows that I have very high levels of KETONES (which I totally expected), but it also has high levels of UROBILINOGEN...which was unexpected.  There is no blood or nitrates. The culture is in progress, but I'm not expecting a urinary tract infection. I can research as well as the next person, so I know what the results mean....but do they mean the same thing for a new RNY post-op patient? Know what I mean? Ketonuria is not normally a good lab result, but for a new RNY patient it is an expected result. What about the Urobilinogen levels? I have a three month f/u appointment scheduled with my surgeon, but not until later this month. Should I be worried about my liver and kidneys?

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/2/13 11:13 pm
You need to drink more water. That also mean you don't drink enough. It may be too much stress on your kidneys.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cajungirl
on 5/2/13 11:52 pm

I wouldn't stress out about it.   Occasionally we've seen new post-ops become concerned about initial after-surgery labs that had high levels of different things......the most common I recall reading is high liver enzymes.  The rapid WL can be taxing on the body, it's good to watch and follow up to be sure but being so soon after surgery I would think your labs were drawn and fine just a few months ago, right?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

JaneJetson60
on 5/2/13 11:53 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

This has to do with the liver.  Were these labs done by your PCP or your surgeon?  Call back and ask them about the levels and concern you have about the lab results.  It's important you get some information on this so you don't worry all week-end.  Let us know.  Jane

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views