How can I lose 4 yrs. out?

glad2balive
on 5/3/13 11:40 pm, edited 5/3/13 11:52 pm

I am journaling (logging food and fluid and protein intake), exercising (just started recently could not due to health restraints), but I am stuck! I cannot lose the 25+ lbs. I want to and need to lose. I did this and only regained last year due to meds. and loss of job.

I do not snack or eat a lot of carbs. I am afraid I am not eating enough but want to do whatever I can to lose. I average about 800-1000 cal. a day. I tried going back to all stages of pre-surgery and post-surgery plans and nothing has worked. I keep fluctuating by 3-5 lbs. Why does this seem impossible? I cannot stay this size.

I know I have mentioned this before I am just frustrated because nothing has worked. My labs were good last check. I am almost 4 years out. 

How many calories should I be taking in?

I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE AND HELP. THANKS!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Mary Catherine
on 5/4/13 12:18 am

My surgeon advises us to get down 10, 20 or even 30 pounds below our goal weight during the honeymoon period, because almost everyone regains about 20 pounds when the body stops most malabsorbing.  Your medical issues did not help, but you almost certainly would have regained anyhow.  Regain is not your fault, it is how the surgery works,  For at least 18 months, the body is not absorbing everything we eat, and our pouch is not allowing us to eat much.

My plan to lose regain was one pound a week.  To do that I cut out 500 calories a day.  That put me down to about 900 and I did fine on that.  I ate Greek yogurt, fruit, vegetables and lean protein.  I drank a lot of water, about 100 ounces a day.  I also weigh religiously every single morning.  Losing a pound a week, it will take you about six months and you can be rid of that 25 pounds.  It sounds hard, once you get into the habit of eating less and weighing more you will find it very easy.  A pouch is a wonderful tool.

Going back to early post-op or pre-op eating does not make sense to me.  Our bodies are at a different stage and need and want different things.  I judge my weight loss success by the scale.  I get on the scale.  If it says 136 I am happy, if it says 137 I will be a little more careful that day.  I don't get emotional about it, it is just information.  But I do know that if I ignore that information, i will soon be wearing larger sized clothes.

hummingbird56
on 5/4/13 2:27 am
I appreciate this post. I am 4+ years out and struggling with an extra 15 pounds of "after honeymoon" weight gain. Your suggestion of 1 pound a week is right on target! Thanks for the encouragement.
glad2balive
on 5/4/13 6:12 am

Thanks for your reply. I will try it. 

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?