Having Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mexico with Dr.Joya

MandyinTX
on 5/8/13 6:25 am

I am scheduled to have my surgery next week!!! A dream come true for me.. I have wanted this for 10 long years.. I have been denied by insurance over and over again.. Finally it all has came together and here I go to Puerta Vallerta, to have my surgery with Dr.Joya. I am nervous, and also excited. I have to follow pre diet for 14 days (liquids)  and it has been super hard. But, I am scared to not do right on it. Considering I am actually leaving the country.

Carol_onmyway
on 5/8/13 7:37 am

Good Luck...that's exciting news...Hope all goes well for you!

Allen Y.
on 5/8/13 9:53 am - Garland, TX

Good luck. I wonder does Dr. Joya do excess skin removal? 

MandyinTX
on 5/9/13 3:34 am
Yes he does.
http://www.drjoya.com/

Surgery date: May 17, 2013  Surgery: Gastric Bypass   Doctor:Joya Location: Puerta Vallarta Mexico

Seeing myself in a picture changed my life, I finally said no more. What ever I have to do to make my dreams come true I will do it!! And little did I know that's when my journey would begin! And so here I go!! :)

BelieveInFaith
on 5/8/13 1:22 pm - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

I hope all goes well for you!!!! kiss

hwbrewer11709
on 5/11/13 11:58 pm - Ravenel, SC
RNY on 10/02/12 with

Good luck on your upcoming surgery.  I went to Puerta Vallarta and had my surgery with Dr. Joya on 10-2-12.  Best decision I ever made - down 105 lbs but still a ways to go before i reach goal.  Puerta Vallarta is gorgeous, surgery and post-op care was remarkable.  Take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the ride......your life is about to change for the better!!

Best Wishes,

Heidi

MandyinTX
on 5/12/13 1:41 am
Thank you so much for replying!! Its wonderful and reassuring to hear from someone who usrd the same doctor as i will be using. This pre diet has been very hard, i cant wait until my surgery. Once again thanks so much.

Surgery date: May 17, 2013  Surgery: Gastric Bypass   Doctor:Joya Location: Puerta Vallarta Mexico

Seeing myself in a picture changed my life, I finally said no more. What ever I have to do to make my dreams come true I will do it!! And little did I know that's when my journey would begin! And so here I go!! :)

cymbalom
on 5/12/13 1:41 am
I hope you have given yourself a little time to recover in PV before you return home. It's such a lovely place to walk around (sipping...sipping...). Good luck and hope you can have a good time along the way. Tell us about your adventure when you get home!

Angie in Missouri, US

305(h)+++++++++251(c)+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++200(g)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views