Breakfast Nausea

daubbermom
on 5/11/13 12:40 pm - OH
RNY on 01/28/13

For the past week I have had nasuea every morning no matter what I eat. I've tried eggs,protein drink, cheese, tuna on rye bread, cold cereal. Does anyone have any ideas? I know breakfast is very important and I need something in my pouch to take my meds. I am 3 1/2 months out and have lost 57 lbs. By lunchtime I am okay to eat for the rest of the day. What's up?

chickzero1
on 5/11/13 12:44 pm - Bossier City, LA

I was the same way...I have no suggestions or answers as to why but it did get better for me. From about month 3 to 5 breakfast was the hardest meal. 

BugdocMom
on 5/11/13 1:27 pm - CA

I am about 2 years post op and my pouch simply will not tolerate anything solid until around lunch time. It actually seems to have an internal clock of its own which recognizes the time of day and accepts or rejects foods appropriately. Even if I am pulling an all-nighter, I can eat solids up until about 3 am then it switches to liquids only for several hours. So, I just give my tummy fluids until it will tolerate solids. I usually start my day with a protein shake or a latte with unflavored protein powder mixed in. Since you need to have something in your tummy a little longer than fluids would stay, perhaps you could start your day with a smoothie made from greek yogurt that will stick to your ribs a little better than a protein drink but not be as heavy as some of the other choices.

Angela_Italiana
on 5/12/13 12:58 am, edited 5/12/13 7:56 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
I had this issue for quite a while, And my surgeon suggested having something warm (not hot) like tea first thing in the morning. I started doing that and it has really helped. I feel it's like a morning warm up for my stomach. After that I am good to go. I know many others on here have also had the same issue and a warm drink has worked for them as well.

Hope that helps
kraney
on 5/12/13 6:38 am
On May 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM Pacific Time, Angela_Italiana wrote:
I had this issue for quite a while, And my surgeon suggested having something warm (not hot) like tea first thing in the morning. I started doing that and it has really helped. I feel it's like a morning warm up for my stomach. After that I am good to go. I know many others on here have also had the same issue and a warm drink has worked for them as well.

Hope that helps
I've had to do this too. Drinking tea with protein in the morning has really been the only thing that has saved me. I've tried zofran but it just doesn't seem to be helping. Good luck getting past this

RNY 3/14/2013 DOS 214, HW 229, CW 188

Spedteacher59
on 5/12/13 2:45 am - Levittown, PA

I am almost 4 years out and I have had the same problem for the last year. Every single thing I tried to eat in the morning made me very nauseas.....so horrible. My doc gave me Zofran. So now I have to take it every morning about 30 mins. before I eat so I won't get sick. I also found that I have to eat something little first thing or I will get sick even with the Zofran. I am able to eat 1/2 of a Quest Bar for breakfast......any more than that and the nausea is really bad.

Kathy

daubbermom
on 5/12/13 1:18 pm - OH
RNY on 01/28/13

Thank you all for your help, I have never been a fan of warm drinks but I will try this.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 223 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics