ULCERS

natashialeah
on 5/10/13 6:05 am - Addis, LA

Anyone had ulcers since surgery?  symptoms, remedies, help needed!! 

Member of Sisterhood of the traveling Red High Heels since 08/07!

mama3
on 5/10/13 6:43 am

I had my surgery in Nov. 2011, Got my first ulcer in Aug. 2012 and have them sinces, in pain a lot of the time. I am now taking Carafate 4xs a day and Lansoprazole 2xs a day. I am doing a little better and hopefully this will help on ulcer. Go to your doctor and see if they can found out if you a ulcers or not. They are no fun and very painful! Hope you feel better soon!

liftafter50
on 5/10/13 8:14 am

I diagnosed myself when I would get relief after I either drank some milk or ate some yogurt.  I went to my NUT and he agreed with my diagnosis. I was at that time 3 months post op.  However, we will really know for sure after he goes and takes a look next Friday.  Nexium and Prolosic works okay but I can't forget a dose because that damn ulcer will let me know right away.

HW 267 SW 260 CW 245 GW 165 Surgery date Sept 24, 2012          

natashialeah
on 5/10/13 10:35 am - Addis, LA

is any of that over the counter?

Member of Sisterhood of the traveling Red High Heels since 08/07!

quiltpainter
on 5/12/13 10:11 pm - CT

lansoprazole is the generic prevacid and is available over the counter as a lower strength. Carafate needs a prescription. If you have an ulcer that is what you likely will need. The prevacid should help prevent them (hopefully).

Vdekker
on 5/13/13 3:38 am - Mt
RNY on 12/21/12

Call your Dr. & get the right meds.  I got the foamies and then vomited about 2 months out and it was every night.  They did the scope at 3 months and found the ulcer.  I too take carafate and a generic acid reflux med.  I can tell when I miss a dose of the carafate because I start to throw up again.  Get your Dr.s advice and good luck.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views