Prtotein Shake Help

michellemuss
on 5/29/13 4:58 pm

I have been drinking protein shakes since before my surgery and had no problems with them.  However for the last two weeks  I can hardly tolerate them. I feel sick to my stomach and they almost make me gag to drink them. Has anyone had this happen to them. I am 7 weeks post-op today.

poet_kelly
on 5/29/13 9:40 pm - OH

What about them bothers you?  The taste? Texture?

Are you making them with milk?  You may be lactose intolerant now, that happens sometimes after surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/29/13 11:13 pm
I had to rotate different brands over last few years. Not sure if my body got sensitive to some fillers but shakes I could tolerate 1 year ago I can't now. But shakes that made me gag 2 years ago - are just fine now.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

bdefreitas
on 5/30/13 11:22 am - Canada

Thanks for this information...I am also having problems...I liked the Optifast vanilla, but do not like the taste of the Premier Protein...any ideas what I can mix in with it to make it more tolerable...thank you.  I had my RNY on April 29th, 2013.

Ginel
on 6/1/13 1:41 pm

I had my surgery on May 7, 2013, and have the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.