OT-Today's Bible Verse

Kenny B.
on 5/13/13 6:56 pm - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12

Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful.”

– 2 Chronicles 20:20 (NIV)

Today’s commentary
by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

Surrounding kings had banded together to destroy the people of God in their land and the Jews realized that they were majorly outnumbered. In the face of a certain massacre, Jehoshaphat reminded them that God had spoken for centuries about His people blessing the earth-now they had no choice but to cling to their identity as God’s chosen people. As they kept true to their identity and worshipped God, the LORD fought the battle for them. This is more than their story—it is the story that is written on every person who has been changed by Jesus Christ. Have faith in the LORD and his prophets and you will be successful.

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

glad2balive
on 5/13/13 11:19 pm

I thank you for your daily posts. I read them and try to apply them to my life.  

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ