is this normal?

claudia_xo
on 5/14/13 12:27 am - FL

hey ya'll

i am 3 weeks post op and since like 2 days ago every time i eat or drink anything my stomach starts rumbling and making all types of noises and it feels heavy in my pouch. feels like there is a party in my stomach and its so uncomfortable. is this normal? i am following my NUT diet and haven't cheated or had anything i wasn't suppose to.

please advice,

thank you.

glad2balive
on 5/14/13 12:33 am

My stomach still rumbles and makes weird noises and I am almost 4 years out. My pouch does not feel heavy though. I believe the rumbling is normal.  

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Sara L.
on 5/14/13 12:35 am

Are you taking very small bites/sips? I still have that happen occasionally, and I'm very nearly 3 years out. . . It's usually because I've eaten too quickly and/or taken large bites or gulps of water.

Is it painful (like something is stuck) or just uncomfortable and heavy?

claudia_xo
on 5/14/13 12:37 am - FL

i dont think my bites/sips are too big, maybe im wrong lol.

just uncomfortable and heavy.

Jewelsstevens
on 5/14/13 12:44 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

It was my normal. Still happens sometimes.

Neaucora
on 5/14/13 1:18 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

My Doctor explained to me that we still have our old stomach. Its still there. And its been grumbling and groaning and making funky noises your whole life. It still will.  The heaviness you feel is your new full feeling. I have noticed when my pouch is "happily doing its job" it makes a little gurgling singing song. I have heard others call this their "pouch song". And sometimes I can feel or  hear my old stomach make noise. Its off to the left a bit it seems.  Hope that helps.

imaclutz
on 5/14/13 1:21 am - WI
RNY on 04/17/13

I'm almost 4 weeks out and the same thing happens to me.  I get kinda bloated and gasy too.....   not fun when you're at work!!!

Karen R.
on 5/14/13 2:33 am
RNY on 04/14/13

I had my surgery about a week and a half before you, so we're pretty in the same place in terms of our programs.  Since I transitioned to pureed foods a week and a hal*****here have been multiple instances where my pouch felt terribly heavy.  I haven't thrown up anything, but I can tell that certain foods (pureed chicken, for one) really do not agree with my stomach.  I'm hoping it's just where I am with my healing and not anything permanent, but I guess we'll see.  I would imagine you're experiencing something similar.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

claudia_xo
on 5/14/13 2:50 am - FL

we are on the same boat! there are some things that feel worse than others. i havent thrown up or ever feel like i need to. its just the heaviness and crazy sounds that had me scared.

Most Active
Recent Topics