I just now forgot I had RNY!!!

VintageChick
on 5/29/13 3:07 am
What in the world??? HOW could I forget?!!! I am 2 weeks out today, still tired, sore, and exhausted. I've been following my plan perfectly. I was just now scooping 2 spoonfuls of cottage cheese onto a plate for lunch and before I even knew what was happening, a huge bite went right into my mouth! Worse yet, I swallowed it practically whole just as I used to do my food pre-op.

That sent a little surge of pain! A quick and sharp reminder that I DID just have surgery.

Mindless eating got me where I am today! What a way to be reminded!
Sara L.
on 5/29/13 5:05 am

Isn't it amazing what we do as creatures of habit? My worst post-op experience EVER was after eating some sugar-free gummy bears. Low fat, sugar-free -- what could possibly go wrong? Sugar alcohols, as it turned out. I spent a couple of hours curled up in a ball on the couch. I couldn't BELIEVE how much I hurt. I started drinking warm water to try and move along whatever was hung/processing/whatever. . . Eventually it was over, but I will never look at gummy bears the same again!

DoryAnne2
on 5/29/13 5:09 am
RNY on 04/01/13

At 2 weeks out i was still on liquids per my doctor (I'm 8-1/2 weeks out now and been eating soft foods for over a month).  I find that's why it's good to focus on my eating and not get distracted.  My friend's who've had it said the only time they experience problems is when they're eating out, talking and distracted, and they either take too big a bite or eat too quickly, and that makes them sick.

HW:  268    SW:  255    GW:155    CW:  158

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE AREN'T THINGS.

RNY Surgery on 4/1/13   with Dr. Gohil

nurl
on 5/29/13 6:45 am
RNY on 05/14/13
I am two weeks out too and did the same thing this morning with yogurt. Ouch!!!! I guess I was not thinking because it was my first day back to work. I guess it will take awhile for my mind to catch up

The_girl_next_door
on 5/29/13 8:56 am
I did that also. About 4 weeks out, I had a piece of banana, popped it in my mouth, didn't chew very well, and it sat like a brick. It came back up 5 hours later. Not fun!
honestlinzel
on 5/29/13 11:50 am - CA

I did this too, with other foods. UGH.

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

VintageChick
on 5/29/13 7:18 pm
Thank you all for chiming in... Old habits apparently do die hard, and I feel a little better knowing I'm not alone!
bdefreitas
on 5/30/13 11:25 am - Canada

I had the same problem...I forgot....didn't mash my cottage cheese and swallowed a bite...and it came right back up...didn't do that again.  I sometimes forget when I have energy and want to do things around the house...and then pay for it the next day.  The body does remind us...maybe we will finally learn to pay attention...LOL...

Most Active
Recent Topics