Lab results

SoCaPinkLady
on 5/28/13 10:41 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Well My PCP says everything is fine. But still I wonder...

Here are some of the numbers.... Kelly what do you think?

Vitamin B12 - 961

Vitamin D, 25 OH, D -37

Vitamin D, 25,OH, D2 - -4

Iron total - 60

Vitamin d, 25-OH, D3 - 37

Potassium - 3.9

Calcium - 9.2

Protein total - 6.4

Ferritin - 49

Lori                               

poet_kelly
on 5/28/13 11:02 am - OH

B12 is great.

D is much too low.  According to the Linus Pauling Institute, we need it to be at least 80 (everyone does, not just WLS folks).

Iron and ferritin (ferritin is like your iron storage)  aren't bad but aren't wonderful, either.  I would think about upping your iron a bit.

Calcium is fine.  But the calcium level in our blood doesn't really say much because if we aren't getting enough calcium, we end up leaching it out of our bones so that the level in our blood stays good.  With your D that low, chances are you aren't absorbing calcium that well right now, no matter how much you take.  What was your PTH?  When that is on the high side, it usually means we're leaching calcium out of our bones.

Protein is lower than I like.  I like it to be at least 7.0.  What was your albumin?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SoCaPinkLady
on 5/28/13 12:09 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

albumin -4.0

I don't see PTH.. I have a PH - 6.5

Lori                               

Most Active
Recent Topics