Small Bowel Obstruction

Susan-C.
on 5/29/13 1:37 pm

I had RNY 10/08.  Last spring I had surgery for a partial small bowel obstruction at transverse mesocolon.  The obstruction was just below my pouch and the symptoms were left upper abdominal and left flank pain and nausea with eating.  I'm having the same symptoms again.  Has anyone else had a bowel obstruction higher up like this?

LadyLilMax
on 5/29/13 1:58 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

No but I am in prayer for you.  When are you going to see your doctor?  Saddened you are having so much pain and trouble.  Keep us informed!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Susan-C.
on 5/29/13 2:13 pm

I have no idea when I'll see a Dr.  Saw my PA the end of April and got a global Auth from my insurance company to go back to where I had my gastric bypass surgery.  Had my Apt last Wed and found out the they don't cont- got it scheduled for Friday at my local hospital -  and gave me a copy of my surgical reports.  I couldn't get in to my PA last week and she and the Dr are on vaca this week so I see her on Monday.  Need to get a referal from her to go see another surgeon.  I really want to see a Bariatric surgeon, not a general surgeon so I need to get the auth from the insurance company.  They contract with U of M so I am going to try to go there.    Thanks for praying!!!

LadyLilMax
on 5/30/13 7:47 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Wow, absolutely in prayer.  You do know if it gets worse to go to the ER, right?  Please let us know what you find out.  

Best to you!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active
Recent Topics