3 weeks Post Op

daxsgirl
on 6/4/13 11:30 pm - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
It has been 3 weeks since my surgery. I am still having a hard time getting vitamins and fluids down. Everything makes me nauseated. Is this normal?? I am able to eat soft foods, but am scared because of what happened last week when I tried Deli turkey. Omg I got so sick it was coming out of both ends, TMI. I have lost 36 pounds though, that is great!!My surgeon said last week I was doing great to just keep working on vitamins and getting protein and fluids down!!

Dee.spunk
on 6/4/13 11:46 pm - Sacramento, CA
Yeah, it's hard at the beginning. But it gets easier as time goes on. I had a hard time with water and the vitamins. Both were so hard to swallow for me and I felt like I kept swallowing air, which in turned made me feel sick. But eventually you learn to so it. Hang in there and take it slow. You'll get there.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Calla Lily
on 6/5/13 12:33 am
RNY on 01/23/12

Yes, really for my the first 3 months were hard! With each week it gets better and easier :) and before you know it you feel well after eating! 

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

PaintingJoy
on 6/5/13 12:38 am - GA
RNY on 05/20/13

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time!  I had my 2 week post-op visit with my surgeon yesterday.

He said that I can take Nexium or Prilosec, not because I have GERD anymore (they repaired hiatal hernia) but because he said it will settle the inflammation down a bit.  After a few weeks, or month or so, to stop taking it.

Maybe you can check with your doc and see if you could try that?  I just took one yesterday and another this morning, and my throat does seem less ~ irritated?  As to nausea, I haven't had that problem, so can't help with that.  Sorry.....

much luck to you, though, I hope it gets better.  36 is awesome for 3 weeks!  I'm down 20 in 2 and very happy with that.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/5/13 1:45 am
RNY on 05/13/13

That is awesome weight loss--good for you!

Vitamins were by far the hardest for me and I have now gotten to where I can take 2 at a time (I was 3 weeks out Monday) but I take 10 pills total in a day so I space them out and keep my stomach from getting 'wild' on me.

Funny about the turkey. I can tolerate that, but not roast beef or regular ham.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Justcallmesuz
on 6/5/13 4:19 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I'm four weeks out today. I was having a hard time getting my vitamins in, the chewables made me gag. I finally got ones I can swallow. Much better!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Fit_Naturalista
on 6/5/13 7:30 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I'm 3 weeks post op this week also and I haven't had a problem with my vitamins, because they are all chewable. I do take them along with my protein and water first thing in the morning before I put anything else in my mouth because if I take them after I eat I get really nauseous and have even vomited. Just take it slow everything will get better with time. As far as the deli eat I can't help you because I am still eating soft things like cream based soups, applesauce, and tuna. I hope everything continues to go well for you. CONGRATS on the weight loss!  

God Bless

Most Active
Recent Topics