Liquid tylenol??

jensieck76
on 6/3/13 5:06 am - TX
I am 3 weeks out today. I have had some lingering pain and I dont want to ask for more pain meds or anything but regular tylenol extra strength pills smushed up arent Cutting it! CVS and tylenol make a adult liquid form is this ok for us to take?? Crushing it up just about makes me barf!!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

angeleigh
on 6/3/13 5:10 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Yes that is fine, i took the children since that is what i had.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

chulbert
on 6/3/13 5:11 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I'm sure you could just swallow the pills whole too.  I was swallowing pills in the hospital the day after surgery.

poet_kelly
on 6/3/13 5:14 am - OH

Are you having trouble swallowing pills for some reason? 

The liquid is OK to take but I don't know how much sugar is in it.  If it has a lot of sugar, that might make you feel very sick.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jensieck76
on 6/3/13 5:20 am - TX
Oh no I could swallow the pills. I was just told no pills only liquid in the hospital. I think I will just try the tabs instead of the capsules. Would much rather do that then nasty liquid!! Thanks all!!!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

kikidoll
on 6/3/13 6:53 am - MA
RNY on 03/20/13

target brand makes a liquid tylenol medicine that is sugar free.  I don't think it tasted awful but it wasn't really pleasant either. :P

Age: 26  Height: 5'11  Highest Weight: 278  Goal: 160  Surgeon: Dr. Rebecca Shore

jensieck76
on 6/3/13 8:33 am - TX
Well may have to make a trip to Target!

PetHairMagnet
on 6/3/13 6:56 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Hey, we had surgery on the same day!

Sorry you are still having pain. Are you walking or otherwise exercising at least once a day?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

jensieck76
on 6/3/13 8:35 am - TX
Its more just a bit of side and back pain after working out and running around alot. Oh yeah I have to work out! I would be crazy if I couldnt. Although after the day I had today Im glad Mondays my day off!!!

angeleigh
on 6/3/13 9:35 am, edited 6/3/13 9:36 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

You say "working out" what does that include? I was not cleared to workout till 6 weeks. I could walk day of RNY, but that all i was allowed till 4 weeks when I was given the clear to swim. So take it easy with the working out this soon. You might feel good but you really dont want to hurt something inside. like pop a stitch.

Also for myself, I keep the chewable and liquid stuff around. It sucks to get a headache just as you start eating or during and not being able to drink anything, since i cant swallow pills with nothing.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.