Anemia

Angela_Italiana
on 6/6/13 1:20 pm, edited 6/6/13 1:23 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
I have had extremely low energy the last week or so, which is quite unusual for me. Didn't think much of it at first, but as the days went on, the fatigue didn't go away. I also was having very random heart palpitations, shortness of breath, and headaches. I was at work today, and realized I was so out of it I couldn't even concentrate on the work in front of me!

Called my surgeon, and he had me come down and see him ASAP. Turns out anemia was the cause, my red blood count was low. And here's the culprit, my monthly menstrual cycle. Since surgery, my periods have been very, very heavy, and lasted twice as long as normal. My doctor said that's normal to occur with the hormonal changes, but some people can lose so much blood during that time it can cause your body to be anemic. The affects won't be long-term, but he said I did the right thing by going to see him. I'll be "upping" my iron, and they'll be doing a CBC test once a month over the next few months to keep an eye on it.

I just wanted to tell my tale in case anyone has experienced this or might encounter it in the future.

Have a good night everyone
LadyLilMax
on 6/6/13 2:41 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Glad you are ok and took care of it right away! Thanks for the alert.  I am post menopause (hallelujah) but some of the gals will really appreciate this info!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Mary Catherine
on 6/6/13 11:56 pm, edited 6/6/13 11:57 pm

You will be amazed what a progesterone cream will do for you.  Get it at a health store and follow directions, usually one pumpful on the forearm once a day.  Will stop the heavy periods and cramping, decrease water retention and breast discomfort, increase weight loss and balance out the hormone overload.  For menopausal women gets rid of hot flashes

Doctors and drug companies don't bother with this because it is completely natural and cannot not be prescribed.  Google Dr John Lee and progesterone cream. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views