Weight loss stall after losing 50lbs.

brendastar11
on 6/16/13 9:04 am - PITTSGROVE, NJ
Help! I have had two wl surgeries. The old staple banding in 1986,and Rny in 2001. Lost 150lbs with the first, and gained 70 back through the years. Lost 50 with the second. I weighed 350 at the start,and now weigh 229. I can't seem to lose any more weight. I try 1200, 1000, even 800 calorie intake. I am pretty sedentary because of back problems,and arthritic knees,and spine. How low in calories should I go to kick start the weight loss again? I am getting so discouraged. I eat very healthy. Please help if you can.thank you.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/16/13 9:34 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Have you tried swimming or water based exercises? My doctor and the team at the hospital where I had my surgery are all about exercise being the key to goal and maintaining.

The extra loss would help those areas that have pain, too!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

brendastar11
on 6/16/13 12:16 pm - PITTSGROVE, NJ

Thank you for your reply. I haven't done that yet. It has been suggested to me, but I have transportation issues since I. Live in the country. Also I am very embarrassed about lose skin issues. Silly I guess. I wish I was closer to the YMCA.

Kathleen W.
on 6/16/13 10:33 am - Lancaster, PA

Can I make a couple of suggestions?  Basically, it's what the dietician and surgeon told me when I had my rny 4 years ago.  Get your fluids and vitamins in, weigh, measure and write down everything you eat. Stay away from simple carbs that have sugar and/or white flour.  If you're going to have carbs, make it complex carbs like legumes (kidney, garbonzo, etc), sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta products like pasta.  If you're 12 years out, you should be eating 1000-1200 calories a day.  If you go below 900, your body is going to think it's in starvation mode. As far as exercise, the other poster mentioned some really good ideas, especially doing it in water.

I hope this helps.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

brendastar11
on 6/16/13 12:10 pm - PITTSGROVE, NJ

Thank you for your reply. I do track every calorie on my fitness pal app. I only eat good carbs, and no refined sugars,no red meat. I love beans,non fat Greek yogurt,and cottage cheese as my main protein. I am  never giving up,but  can't. Figure  out what's going on. I do take two thyroid meds, and am still just in a low normal on labs.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 439 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 431 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views