So scared and aggravated.

HFrederick613
on 6/18/13 10:01 am - PA
Last week I posted that I was feeling dizzy and just shy of passing out, called my doc, due to time of month, they had me double my iron. Sunday night I have such pain in my chest I go to the ER, they do chest X-rays, EKG, cat scan, blood work, come back and tell me that I have the start of an ulcer, give me medication and send me home. Guy calls from the hospital to tell me that the cat scan also says I have enlarged lymph nodes in my abdomen and a fibroid tumor on my uterus. I still have pain just below my breast bone that shoots around through my back and now I go from being able to walk or ride 5 miles to feeling like my heart is coming through my chest after 50 yards. Any ideas, I'm scared and worried.

RNY doc says I don't need to see them till my July appointment, going to girlie doc Friday for an ultrasound but I feel like I'm the only one who is concerned here. If I felt more normal maybe I wouldn't be so worried but this is horrible. Ps blood pressure was 113/61 but no one was concerned with that either......

Thanks for letting me vent.

Heather

PetHairMagnet
on 6/18/13 10:10 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I have no advice--not a doctor, don't play one on TV--but wanted to say I am sorry that you are not feeling that your medical providers are being as responsive and quick to action as you would like and I hope that when you see your doctor Friday that you are able to get at least some interim answers, if not the final response.

Hugs to you!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

HFrederick613
on 6/18/13 10:13 am - PA
Thank you for your encouragement and kind words, I really appreciate it. Congrats on your astounding weight loss.

Heather

Allen Y.
on 6/18/13 10:48 am - Garland, TX

I am sorry your not feeling well. I am certain that if you are persistent and have good insurance they can help. I battle with depression myself and there are days where I have to make myself do ANYTHING even though I am physically able to do it. 

berilynn44
on 6/18/13 11:08 am - MN

I have went through the dizziness and found help with gatorade and something with sugar like candy, but when this is happening I have the shakes really bad.  As far as the ulcer goes the pain is terrible and lasts for a while.  I feel for you.  I would end up in a fetal position and crying.  I feel for you.  It will get better, but I won't say it never comes back because I am going through it again now.  The pain isn't as intense as it was before since I know how to help it now.

pearl7000
on 6/18/13 11:38 am

It sounds like you are most scared about the enlarged lymph nodes and fibroid tumor (?).  See how it goes with your gyne appt on Friday.  It could be that these are causing some discomfort but are harmless--same with the ulcer.  See how you feel about your doctors' (gyne and bariatric) answers to your questions.

I can't give you clinical advice, but I work in healthcare, and I also have many years navigating various systems for a daughter with disabilities.  Patients do not realize how much they need to steer the ship--not in terms of diagnosing their own issues, or self-treating, but in terms of moving on if they have a physician or practicioner they are not comfortable with.  Empower yourself to ask lots of questions and to get second opinions as needed!!!

Hope you feel better soon--I have heard ulcers can be excrutiating!

Pearl/Jennie

Most Active
Recent Topics