To Quote Blanche from Golden Girls

Lisa82
on 6/18/13 5:24 am

"I'm about as nervous as a virgin at a prison rodeo" ---Blanche...Golden Girls

One of my favorite shows as well as quotes. Well today right now I am that virgin at the prison rodeo. I just hung up from the surgeon's office. Everyone has signed off and my surgery date is July 17!!!! I have been shaking ever since. I can't stop. I think I may need sedation. I have wanted this for a long time but now that it is a reality, I am, well as nervous as a virgin at a prison rodeo.  Not so much for the pain, new lifestyle but the surgery itself. I have never had surgery before in my life....well my adult life. I had a tonsilectomy in 7th grade but that was at age 12.  Oh my!! I am just beside myself. I hope these nerves calm down soon.....

PetHairMagnet
on 6/18/13 6:38 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I think something is wrong with me, I was just not nervous, I was excited and thrilled!

This is an amazing tool--don't let anxiety bring you down!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

JaneJetson60
on 6/18/13 6:51 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Hahahaha! First off, your humor is going to get your though!  Humor in my opinion is life's relief valve.  Of course it's normal to be nervous!   I would be more worried if you weren't.  I had surgery last May of 2012 I was 59 and never had surgery in my life either, so that was my big fear.  Of course I  did fine for the most part and I did have my gallbladder out also and other than some nausea and diarhea in my case, I healed well from the surgery itself with no problems.  Please come on here and post all you want and don't go reading all the horror stories of everything that could happen.  That in itself can be a doggie downer.  Be realistic and know there are surgeries out there much more risky. We will help you along the way and make room for you on the lose's bench with your name on the cushion!  Jane kiss

GSFan
on 6/18/13 8:12 am
I understand, Lisa. My surgery date is July 16. I just got home from a mandatory class with the surgeons assistant, dietician and pharmacist. Tomorrow I have to be back at the hospital at 6:00am for an endoscopy. It is getting close and suddenly becoming very "real"!

Blanche is one of my favorites too... I watch the GG every night when I get home from work!

All the best to you!
Lisa82
on 6/20/13 10:41 am

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I am still a bundle of nerves. I know It's just the fact of never having surgery before but still. Small victory however. Usually when I am a bundle of nerves I eat to calm myself. Well, I am happy to say I have NOT done that. I am down 23 lbs, and doing small things to prepare for post op....things such as protein drinks, sipping, small bites, healthy eating.....if only the nerves would go away! Oh well this too shall pass. Anyway, thanks again!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views