NSV

Tracy91002
on 6/22/13 2:43 am
RNY on 01/17/13

I hate to exercise.  I know I should do it.  There is nothing physically stopping me.  I have never really done it on any regular basis.  I am trying to change this.  My NSV is that I did the elliptical for 30 mins today and its the fourth time I intentionally exer used this week.  I am proud of me.

doloresd
on 6/22/13 3:20 am - FL
I hate to exercise too. I am almost two years out. I am at goal. With that said not exercising hurt me because now I lack muscle and am having problems developing my strength back. If I knew it was going to be this hard I would have exercised throughout my weight loss
curvywriter
on 6/22/13 4:37 am - CA
RNY on 05/13/13

Way to go!  The more you do it, the easier it will be to keep doing it!

Dorkgirl_41
on 6/22/13 6:49 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Go you!!

I understand how you feel. I hate exercise, too! But I recently started back with a  gym knowing that I'm going to have to get off my butt and workout from now on. Another thing that has always kept me from exercising is feeling like I look completely ridiculous. So I wanted to get used to being around all those skinny people working out before rather than after my surgery. (which is July 10th.)  LOL  I know it's silly, but I'm still working on the self esteem. Doing the treadmill right now, but look longingly at the elliptical because it looks like more fun. Again, I'm afraid I will look ridiculous. Again,silly. So I'm proud of you, too!! Keep it up!

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

PetHairMagnet
on 6/22/13 11:07 am
RNY on 05/13/13

The elliptical is so smooth, you won't look ridiculous. You may, however, find that it is simpler in the beginning to use the holding bar and NOT move your arms as you go. I see a lot of people who struggle to get the two together, but I have never seen anyone struggle to hold the stationary bars and crank on the elliptical.

There will be a fat burning program, choose it and start with 15 minutes and go from there. It took me a few weeks to get to 30 minutes of the fat burning program. I can do 40 of the regular 'flat' program.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!