nausea, stomach cramps, diarrhea...all day every day

Amanda M.
on 6/24/13 11:57 am
RNY on 01/18/13
Anyone else experience this after surgery? I am 5 months post op and have the feeling I need to puke all the time. I also have stomach cramps in my central abdomen and frequent diarrhea. I am lactose intolerant, so I do not drink milk or eat many dairy products. I dont know if I have allowed too many carbs back into my diet or if it is something else in my diet. On a daily average, I probably get about 60-80 carbs a day. I get all my fluids and protein in. I take my vitamins and my labs look good, aside from my possible liver issues.

Can anyone offer some insight? I feel sick all the time. It is becoming really depressing.

poet_kelly
on 6/24/13 12:03 pm - OH

What does your doc think is causing these symptoms?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Neaucora
on 6/24/13 12:08 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

Gallbladder??? I went thru a lot of that and it was my gallbladder. I had RNY in April and gallbladder out in August.

Bama_Wifey
on 6/26/13 1:48 am - AL

My GB surgery was almost 2 years ago and I suddenly became sick 2 weeks ago, with similar symptoms that you mentioned.  I ended up in the ER.  Long story short - it was my gall bladder.  I had to have emergency surgery to remove it.  You should definitely get it checked.  The ER doctor informed me that after having GB, most people lose their gall bladder later.  Hope this helps...and hope you feel better!

HW: 337  -  Beginning 6 mo pre-op diet: 319 - Consult: 251  -  SW:238     CW: 154    -  GW: 160  (LOST 81 lbs during 6 mo pre-op diet)
SURGERY DATE: 10/10/2011    
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?