so close i can taste it!

anewme71
on 6/25/13 11:44 am, edited 6/25/13 12:55 pm - TX
RNY on 10/11/13
So, my last and first post on this board was a woe is me post about feeling like I would never meet my first goal.My insurance requires me to lose 10% of my body weight on my own before I can even submit for insurance approval. I started the new way of eating when I met with the NUT in mid march. The first 8 lbs came off in one month. I kind of stalled out in mid April to may. Hit that motivation wall, the "I'll never get there so why even keep trying" wall that has always stalled me out on health and fitness. Having been overweight since being a small child, it certainly wasn't the first time I found myself there.<br /><br />
so I restarted (the lying to myself version of) eating right and exercising and a few weeks of that and boom! The woe is me post. LOL. <br /><br />
I guess that was the reality check I needed. <br /><br />
I took my pity party butt and re-read all my nutritionist stuff, got off my duff and got back on the wagon. I started to see the scale moving again and I called my family Dr to check my weight at my last visit. She has to certify the 10% loss. My weight in Feb 2013 was 304. That's only 2lbs off of my highest weight ever. So my scale at work today read 280. My first goal is 273 to get insurance approval. 7 more lbs! I am so close I can taste it!!!! I am getting so impatient! LOL. I told the other nurse and staff at work I was going to my Dr spot butt nekkid when I think I make the 273. LOL.<br /><br />
anewme71
on 6/25/13 11:49 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13
Also, attitude is everything for me lately. Positivity is a must. I picked up size 2x shorts and workout pants at the store this weekend. I didn't look at more than that and the price. Well I got home and realized the version of 2x was size 20. I can't fit them just yet but I didn't let it defeat me. Instead, the are at some point going to be an NSV for me. loving my life
brenda_m
on 6/25/13 12:53 pm - Renick, WV

Great job!! And great attitude!! You'll make it to that 273. Good Luck and congrats!!

anewme71
on 6/25/13 1:10 pm - TX
RNY on 10/11/13
Thanks! Forgive the post format issues. I don't think it works great on kindle fire
PetHairMagnet
on 6/26/13 8:39 am
RNY on 05/13/13

YEAH! How wonderful!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 18 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views