Just signed my life away!

Dar_Mab
on 6/26/13 9:24 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Congratulations!  You are definitely on your way now!     You know what?  If you haven't seen my posting previously about my hair loss and deciding to donate my hair and cut it short please go look. I have pictures and everything. You are not going to go bald or anything.  Thinner yes.   It was distressing me to no end. But since I cut my hair I have stopped worrying about it.  Still lose but layers hide a volume of sins.    Seeing the few short hairs is way less stressful than seeing handfuls of long hair.     

At any rate my approach was only one way to deal with it. Can take supplements like biotin.  Won't stop hair loss but will help to promote regrowth. However word of caution - do your research.  Biotin will promote hair growth everywhere and not just the head.  I already am hairy enough so I opted not to take supplements.  I focus on getting the high end of my protein which will help as much. And my surgeon  recommended that approach as he felt it was a waste of money for the supplements if you can get your protein in. I am very fortunate ( or no?) that I seem to be able to tolerate foods well so I eat my protein. I don't drink shakes. But that doesn't work for everybody I understand so you do what you can. 

And at the end of the day my attitude is that it is better for my health to lose weight.  The hair will regrow (as per our vets and surgeons so at this point I am putting a great deal of faith in that)  so if I have yo lose hair temporarily while overall getting healthier, then so be it.  Got to take the good with the bad. 

Be excited!  This is a great opportunity.  Best of luck in your journey

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?