2 weeks Post-Op.... HELP

PetHairMagnet
on 6/23/13 11:40 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

When does your doctor move you to soft foods? Two weeks post-op is pretty long to still be on full liquids, IMO.

And the odd thing is, when I crave something I can only eat the tiniest bit of it. Yesterday I wanted some beans. Measured out 1/3 c of them and added a tablespoon of salsa and a tsp of sour cream and 20 g of cheese and guess what...I could only eat about half of it.

One thing I do is enjoy everything about the food. How it smells, the presentation and I eat it verrrrry slowly with tiny bites and find I have reached satiety long before the measured amount is gone.

And there are things I miss, in a way, but it is mental, you've got it right that it is all in your head. A commercial for cheesy pizza will make me want it...and I was never a pizza person. But the images are so powerful! The truth of it though, is that I am so thrilled with the result, that I find my head hunger is less and less each day. Because NOTHING tastes as good as I feel now, and I am 6 weeks out today.

YOU WILL BE THRILLED, just give it time! And put a ticker on that helps you say YAY each time you post! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics