2 weeks Post-Op.... HELP

ready2live9
on 6/23/13 6:29 am - AZ

ALOHA.... I am 2 weeks Post-op.... I am feeling depressed.... not sure I did the right thing.... I am so tired of soup and jello....

I am  lucky.... I have not gotten sick once and I am feeling good.... just all this head stuff.... I feel like I miss food... not that I am hungry... just miss it.... anyone else ever have that????

karenp8
on 6/23/13 6:36 am - Brighton, IL

You are totally normal. I still remember how I felt 10 months ago. Just knew I would never get to eat regular food again. But guess what? You will eat regular food just not large amounts before. There may be a very few foods that you won't want to eat anymore,but you will feel so much better thin that you won't care! I weighed 258.5 pounds at the start of August 2012. Today I weigh 126 and wear size 2 or 4 pants and small shirts. Best of all--I feel great! You will too soon!

AnchorsAweigh
on 6/23/13 7:28 am

Ooh, you are my inspiration! We both have the same starting weight--sure hope I'm where you are in another 8 months! :)

AnchorsAweigh
on 6/23/13 6:55 am

I felt the exact same way. Now, at 9 weeks out, it is completely different. I can eat 'real' food without any problem and I don't miss the foods I thought I would. Hang in there--it gets better!

TomN
on 6/23/13 7:04 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with
Normal feelings but temporary to be sure! While there may be some foods you no longer tolerate, for me shrimp, you will be able to eventually eat most anything you want...just less of it! Stick with your plan and you will be ready to live a better life!

mzlaura
on 6/23/13 7:06 am - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

It will get better! The first 2 weeks were the worst imo being on full liquids. Even pureed wasn't easy. For my surgeons plan it was about 2 months before i had just regular eating again.. and even now i am not supposed to eat stuff with skin like potatoes, etc.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

CarolF3
on 6/23/13 8:01 am - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

I had my surgery on 12/17/2012. I am now on 3 meals a day with a Protein shake added to help out. My 3 meals- I eat my one portion of protein first and then my veggie-no high carb veggies. I can also have a little fruit-which is a recent change. But, I always get my protein in first.

I do not ever feel hungry like I did before surgery.

One thing I cannot have yet is scorn on the cob-or off of it due to the hard hull. I have always loved corn-so, right now I do miss that. No lettuce-due to it's consistency and I like lettuce-salads, etc. Hopefully in another year or so-we shall see. It may remain off my food list.

But, I am doing well with the weightloss.

When I started the program last year in April I weighed in at: 281.0

The day before my surgery I wore 4xL scrubs and weighed in at:253.2

Now I wear size XL scrubs and weigh in at: 178.6

So, I am moving along. I posted a couple of comparison pictures on my site.

Things will get better-I remember when I was tired of soup and jello, etc... as I also had SF popsicles, Pedialyte Popsicles, etc as well. I did not like the protein jello in the hospital.

Carol

CarolF3
on 6/23/13 8:02 am - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

Darn typos-that is corn-not scorn.

Jilly Bean
on 6/23/13 12:20 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

I felt like that until 3 months post-op. It will get better and you'll feel great soon!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

JenniferDreams120
on 6/23/13 12:46 pm - Kennesaw, GA
RNY on 06/06/13

I was just posting about this to someone else. I know how you feel! I am a 6/6 surgery, so 2.5 weeks out, and I am dying to eat! This full liquid diet is the pits. I imagine I will never want to eat soup or yogurt ever again. I feel like my best friend has died. I am mourning the loss as best I can but everywhere I turn is food I wish I could have. I mean I am just dying for a freakin' salad right now. I'd kill for grilled eggplant. So I think I am just missing food in general and will be more than grateful to eat healthy food when I can eat real food again in August. Pureed food next weekend sounds like a dream come true. I imagine my biggest challenge will be at eating low fat foods once I can eat again and get comfortable. I dumped severely with low fat yogurt (the first bite I had of food after I got out of the hospital) so anything sweet is really repulsing me right now. That's a god send since I'm sure my sweet tooth and cupcake baking addiction landed me in this spot!

Jennifer

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 75 views