Potassium

shedevilbecca
on 6/23/13 8:24 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

My potassium is low and my Dr. wants me to drink a V8 a day or take this powder you mix in a drink. However, both make me sick to my stomach. The V8 taste awful to me and the powder makes me gag and my stomach hurt. Any ideas I can talk with my Dr. about to raise my potassium?

poet_kelly
on 6/23/13 8:26 am - OH

What about a potassium pill?  They are usually big ole pills, but you can cut them in half if you need to.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/23/13 9:07 am
RNY on 05/13/13

V8 makes me want to hurl, so I am right there with you. Plus, the sodium is the last thing I want. I would find out what other options there are for you if the powder upsets your tummy.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Jodibee
on 6/23/13 9:16 am

My potassium was low right out of surgery so they gave it to me in my iv at the hospital. Then I went home with a potassium pill prescription for two weeks they are big pills but easy to break in half.

shedevilbecca
on 6/23/13 9:28 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13
I will ask about a pill. I don't want to hurt myself by not getting the potassium I need but there has to be a better way.

cajungirl
on 6/23/13 10:05 am
With low potassium you definitely want to take care of it. I've also had a couple of rounds of potassium (prescription form) to raise mine up. They have a Rx liquid too, but goodness gracious it taste horrific. I'd ask for pull form.

Is it your RNY surgeon or PCP managing the low potassium.

I think my round of RX was 4-5 days.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

meeshelle
on 6/23/13 9:54 pm
RNY on 03/04/13

i am taking liquid potassium since i did not want to take the big pill the taste isnt good but once you swallow its gone its like a teaspoon of salt mixed in a tablespoon of water lol

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?