Breast reduction after surgery?? OHIP coverage?

Leaky84
on 6/24/13 8:47 am - Canada

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody has had a breast reduction through OHIP after surgery? I've asked my doctor about it and she said I should qualify as long as I have a certain amount of grams of fat per breast to loose (which I totally do!) 

I've also heard a couple of horror stories about getting it done through OHIP and I've seen a reduction gone horribly wrong, mind you this was over 10 years ago. 

I'm curios to know if OHIP also covers the reduction with a lift, or do they just remove the fat and leave them all droopy? 

I also asked my doctor if there is a long wait time after submitting my info and she said within a month or two I should be good to go. I've also heard it can take years. 

So, the information I'm getting here is quite confusing and I'm here hoping someone can help with some info 

Andrea

PetHairMagnet
on 6/24/13 9:28 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am going to assume that OHIP is your insurance provider. If so, I would contact them and ask your questions or read your policy, which may spell out the answers you seek.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Brats1979
on 6/24/13 9:56 am
Better question for the Ontario board.
Good luck with the reduction
Leaky84
on 6/24/13 1:10 pm - Canada

You guys are right. I guess I should have just asked has anyone had a reduction covered by OHIP, and if so we're they satisfied with the results.

i will most definitely look further into it. Just looking for someone who's done it and their thoughts...

:)

Reel
on 6/24/13 6:14 pm

I trust that you are aware that once you finish losing weight, you will likely not need a breast reduction. Personally, I would not touch my brest until I finsihed losing the weight, and then you can look at getting a lift. 

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

Leaky84
on 6/25/13 12:03 am - Canada

Oh,most definitely! My plans are to reach goal before getting a reduction/lift. I was once thin, years and years ago during my late teens and was a full E cup at 120lbs.... And my weight has been up and down significantly since then. I know I will loose some, but I know these girls are here to stay, unfortunately. :(

Most Active
Recent Topics