made my own cheese sauce!

aliceindietland
on 6/30/13 7:12 am
RNY on 06/11/13

Ever since I moved past the puree stage I've been wanting to try some ground beef, and was thinking about how to have it.  Today I was thinking how much I wished I could have mac and cheese, and realized... mac-less mac and cheese!  With beef!

I've seen recipes for cheese sauce with greek yogurt before, so I just threw some greek yogurt and a bunch of different kinds of cheese into a cup and microwaved it, then added milk to thin.  Then I added some cooked up ground beef.  It was DELICIOUS. 

I was mostly eyeballing it, but here was the basic recipe:

1/4 cup greek yogurt

1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (mine is 2%)

1/8 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (mine is fat free)

2 tablespoon grated parmesan

1 wedge chipolte laughing cow

1/4 cup soy milk

I added 1/2 of this to 4oz of ground beef that I'd cooked up, and then ate half of that as a serving.  The recipe maker in my phone says it was 165 calories and 19 grams of protein.  Protein bomb!! :D

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

65rosesmom
on 6/30/13 11:15 am

Sounds good.   I enjoy making my own tomato sauce and meatballs and then melting cheese on it for a pasta-less italian.  Sorta the same idea.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

exohexoh
on 6/30/13 3:24 pm - West Chester, PA
This is pretty much what I've been craving.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 20 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 357 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 355 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 301 views