Surgery went well on Friday

APisceanGaLinWC
on 7/2/13 2:11 pm - CA
RNY on 06/28/13

I am now able to move around the house but still have tolerable pains.  I have not have any bowel movements.  Does anyone know how long it could take before I could finally have one? Also, the pain from gas and being bloated was so bad yesterday.  Any tips on what to take/drink/eat when I encounter gas pains again?

Also, I haven't lost any weight at all.  Is this normal?

Tracy13
on 7/2/13 3:28 pm - WV

Try some miralax to help with the BM, I gained some weight in the hospital and it took me 6 days to lose that. I started really dropping since then. Your body has just been through some major trauma give it time and focus on recovering.

HW- 405 (January 2011)

6/20/13 Surgery Day-374

EdwinP
on 7/2/13 5:47 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

About 4-5 days after surgery for me. I bought some Gax-X thin strips in advance (they melt in your mouth) but luckily I never had to use them.

Yes, you may not see any loss right away. In fact, don't be surprised if you've gained since your surgery weight. Also, remember about stall, they can happen at any time and even early on. I lost about 10 pounds after being home from hospital and then I stayed at the same weight for two more weeks. I didn't start losing more until I began working again. 

Good luck and have patience. It will come off!