Vitamins ARE my meal :(

VintageChick
on 7/2/13 11:00 pm, edited 7/2/13 11:01 pm
I finally pushed all my vitamins in yesterday and felt stuffed most of the day - to the point of feeling nauseated if I got in more than a bite or 2 of food. This morning is starting the same way. Vits are in, along with a healthy dose of water to get them down, but now I have 0 room for any breakfast.

Do you all space your vitamins between mealtimes to get them all in? I'm currently following vitalady's suggested regimine until I get my first set of labs and can customize it to my own needs.

I'm 7 weeks out today.
poet_kelly
on 7/2/13 11:30 pm - OH

I take mine with meals, but you can space them out between meals if you like.

If they are making you feel stuffed, you might want to try ENS from Celebrate, which is a drink mix that is a multi plus calcium citrate, or Upcal D, which is a powdered calcium citrate you can add to any drink.  That would cut down on the pills.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MeSheHer
on 7/3/13 12:20 am, edited 7/3/13 7:17 am
RNY on 05/08/13
I get the same feeling when I take my pills as well. I've been just dealing with it though, because I know how important both are. I may try the drink that Kelly mentioned to minimize the amount of pills I have to take. I'm a little over seven weeks post op.
poet_kelly
on 7/3/13 12:37 am - OH

If you use protein shakes, you can get the ENS with protein, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

VintageChick
on 7/3/13 8:03 am
Oh my goodness! These look great. Thank you for this suggestion.
65rosesmom
on 7/3/13 2:05 am

I space mine out so I'm only taking 2 pills at each time, except for my iron, which I take right before bed and I take 6 of those plus a vitamin C pill all at once.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

VintageChick
on 7/3/13 7:57 am

I'm going to check into the suggestions for alternatives. I'm also looking for a mag citrate alternative to what I have. I've seriously choked twice on water just trying to get these monsters down.

I also take iron/C in the AM - that's 8 tabs total. Switching them to night will probably help me at least get breakfast in.

Thanks a bunch!!!!
Most Active